Monday, June 10, 2013

Busy as a Bee

Let me tell you, people, I have been super busy at work lately which makes me a terrible blogger because when I've got my head stuck in front of a computer all day, it's about the last thing I want to do when I get home in the evenings. Nevertheless, I have stopped in to say hello. 

Since I didn't update you much at the end of last week, I guess I should start there. On Thursday afternoon I met my cousin-in-law (or do you just say cousin?) Amy for a matinee showing of the Great Gatsby. I had it on my list of movies to see but since it came out right before I left for vacation, there wasn't much time. So, I was happy to go see it with Amy and we both really enjoyed it. I wasn't sure how I would like it and actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would, which was a pleasant surprise. 

After Amy and I went to the movie, I went home for about an hour and then met Amy's daughter, my cousin Alexandra for some karaoke. It has been years since I've done karaoke and it was one of my favorite things to do years ago. Jackie went too and we stayed for about two hours, leaving for home around 11:00 p.m., which is late for a work night. Thankfully, I wasn't too tired the next morning. 

On Friday, after work, I stopped by Lowe's to pick up a few things for my little landscaping project in the area of the yard where I plan to bury The Tide's ashes. I think I mentioned that my aunt bought me an azalea and so I wanted to get a couple more to plant with the one she gave me. I also needed some other supplies for my little project and so I picked up a few things, and left the rest for my trip to the Home Depot on Saturday morning because there were a few things Lowe's didn't have and I didn't have a lot of time and needed to scoot on home. 

When I finally arrived home, Jackie was waiting on me because we once again volunteered for the Salvation Army truck run to feed the homeless. It was once again an humbling and rewarding experience and we were thankful we had the opportunity to serve others and be more appreciate of all the Lord has given us. After we did the truck run, we went to Ted's BBQ and got some dinner for ourselves. We sat outside as it was a nice evening - somehow we have lucked out this year and the weather hasn't been ridiculously hot yet which has been a nice blessing. After dinner we parted ways and I spent the rest of the evening watching TV and doing laundry. 

Saturday morning I met the care group I was in at my old church for breakfast at Ryan's. First of all, I'm not a fan of buffets, they kind of give me the creeps. Furthermore, the buffet at Ryan's was almost $9 and I wasn't very hungry and didn't want to spend $9 for one pancake and a slice of bacon. So, I elected not to eat and instead just visited with my dear friend Pat and the other people who were there. It was really nice to see all the folks there and catch up with them. Afterwards I went to Home Depot and bought a few more things for my project. 

I spent the rest of the day doing a whole lot of nothing. I did manage to get some cleaning done and finished up the laundry. Sydney came a little before 6:00 and after her mother left she started crying and ended up crying herself to sleep. I put her to bed and thought to myself, "I sure hope she doesn't wet the bed," since she fell asleep so early and sure enough about 3:00 a.m. I was awoken by Sydney who had wet the bed. I gave her a change of clothes, put the sheets in the wash and put her in bed with me. She then proceeded to hog up most of the space in the bed. A four-year old can sure take up a lot of room. 

Sunday we went to church and then had our weekly Mexican lunch with Josh, Alexandra, and Indigo. She left about 1:00 and soon after I was napping away. Sunday night after church I made a grocery store run and watched some TV and that was my weekend in a nutshell. Not too exciting, but not too dull either. 

This week I start a new class at the YMCA which should provide me with interesting material as most all workouts do. Hope everyone has a good week!

No comments: