Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Cookout for 30

Hello readers! Hope you all are doing well. I’ve been busy as of late which has led to a lack of blogging so I’d figure I’d better get something posted soon before my Aunt Linda disowns me. Today is Tuesday, and I’m working the polls for the primary run-off and there’s sure to be a post about the day soon. Today, however, I’ll start with a recap of the weekend because it was rather eventful.

Friday after work, I went home and got the yard work done. I did the weed eating, mowing, and straightened up. I got finished with everything about 8:00 p.m. and showered and was in my pajama’s by 8:30 p.m. I watched the day’s stage of le Tour de France and then went to bed.

On Saturday morning, I was up early straightening, cleaning, and watching an hour of the Tour before I left to go get a haircut. I’m sure I’ve mentioned it before, but haircut time is one of my favorite times because I love my hairdresser so much and Saturday did not disappoint. He was as fun as always.

I stopped by Star Market on the way home and bought about nine pounds of hamburger meat. I was having a cookout for my class later that day and was serving hamburgers and hot dogs. I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon watching the tour and getting things ready for the cookout.

Jackie came over around 4:30 p.m. and helped me with some last minute things and our friend Jonathan arrived soon after with his grill so he could help me cook the burgers and hot dogs. We managed to get all the food cooked a little before 6:00 p.m. which was when the cookout was scheduled to start. Oddly enough, everyone seemed to arrive at the exact same time and we were underway a few minutes after starting time.

There were 30 people (including children and one baby) who came to the cookout. It was a really fun night getting to spend time with these friends. A lot of the guys played ball with the kids and Pippa and the rest of us talked and enjoyed each other’s company.

About 9:30 people started heading out and Jackie stayed later to help me clean up. Poor Pippa was worn out and by the time Jackie left and I had washed my face, I found that she had pulled back the covers on the bed and curled up and was sleeping.

I’m very thankful to have such a great group of friends, who I really consider family, from church. Mayfair has been a real blessing to me and I look forward to spending a lot more time with these good people. 

1 comment:

Erika said...

The cook-out was so much fun! Thank you for including me.
Pippa really was worn out! She was on her bestest behavior :)