Wednesday, July 16, 2014

I'm So Vein(y)

Sunday after the cookout, I went to church and the grocery store and pretty much came home and crashed. The Pip was still worn out from Saturday’s festivities and was very keen to sleep which was just fine by me.
Sunday evening I cleaned up a little and got ready for Monday night as I was hosting our women’s Bible study group. I figured I might as well get it all knocked out in one weekend I guess. Actually, I don’t think I realized I had planned both things until about a week before; but, it worked out well because the house was already straightened up and I had plenty of drinks, etc. left over from Saturday to use Monday night. We were having a salad bar on Monday and so I chopped up toppings and grated cheese and cooked bacon and put everything in dishes and wrapped it up until serving time.

Monday I headed back to work and after work I had an appointment at the Crestwood Vein Center. I don’t know if I mentioned it or not, but a month or so ago, we had a doctor from the vein center come out to work and you could sign up to have him look at your legs if you thought you were having problems. He looked at my legs and scheduled me for an ultrasound of my veins and that appointment took place yesterday.

As it turns out, and was not a surprise, I have a few veins that are varicose and not working properly which is causing discomfort and swelling. My main large veins are a-okay though which was good news. So, now, I have to wait 90 days (per the insurance) and treat with walking, elevating my feet at night and compression stockings (which the doctor said not to even bother getting) and I will then go back for another ultrasound which will be in October.

After the ultrasound in October confirms there is not much change in my veins, I will get a treatment for my veins to get them working again. It’s a quick procedure where they run a catheter up your vein and it gets them working properly. It’s noninvasive and you can drive yourself to and from the appointment. So, I’m pretty excited about getting these veins taken care of so my legs will feel young again. I shall certainly keep you posted on how these next appointments go. I’m sure you can hardly wait!

After my appointment, I went home and got everything ready for the salad bar. The girls started coming over about 6:30 p.m. and we had a nice time fellowshipping, eating, and studying together. We wrapped things up a little before 9:00 p.m. and I watched some of the day’s stage of the tour before retiring for the night.


Like I said, things have been busy lately, seems like I’ve always got one thing or another going on; some of them more random than others. Hope you are staying busy as well!

No comments: