Friday, February 20, 2009

The Case of the Stolen Buttercups




The people who own the house next door to me are mean. That’s the nice way of putting it. I’ll spare you the details for now. Recently, we had some unseasonably warm weather where I live, which apparently made some of the flowers around town think it was spring. There were two or three large groups of buttercups that blossomed at the house next door to me. Now, keep in mind no one lives there. These people bought the house over two years ago and have been doing some sporadic work on it, but have yet to move in. I’m praying they never will. So, Tuesday I had the day off work and some of my friends were coming over to watch American Idol later that evening. In an effort to spruce things up around the house, I decided I would go and cut some of the buttercups from the mean people’s house. I ran over with my scissors and snipped away. As I was walking back home with my loot, my neighbor from across the street, Jeff, came out to put some mail in his mailbox. I started laughing and yelled over at him that he caught me! He also thought it was funny as he is well aware of the meanness of the homeowners next to me. So, that is the story of the stolen buttercups. But they are quite lovely, don’t you think?

No comments: