Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Slumdog Millionaire: A Review

Sometimes movies that are nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture can be, well, let’s face it, can be a little weird. It takes a particular type of movie watcher to sometimes agree that the Best Picture winner was indeed the year’s best picture. Slumdog Millionaire is not one of those movies. It is really fantastic. Tony and I went to see this movie on Saturday night and I think I can speak for both of us when I say it was great. Two friends of mine recommended the movie to me and upon their suggestion, we decided to watch it. I found it to be captivating right from the start. It’s more than a rags to riches story and the in-depth content of the movie will likely surprise you. I found that I have been thinking about the movie quite often since seeing it. The actors do a fantastic job of enveloping their characters, and the story line is simply amazing. It is a definite must-see!

Tony's take: pretty good

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep the movie reviews a comin' - I know you like to see them right out of the gate if possible - although the higher movie prices I'm sure have impacted that joy. I like to get opinions before I see movies. Thanks! ~Shawna~