Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang: A Review



This past Sunday (February 1) was my 32nd birthday. Back in the Fall, Tony bought tickets for us to see the Broadway Production of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang,” which came to our fair city this past week. The final performance was on Sunday, my birthday, and that was the date for which he bought tickets.

Let me tell you, folks, if you have not seen this show, run, don’t walk to the nearest showing and go see it! I have been a fan of “Chitty Chitty Bang Bang” the movie since I was a small child. I’ve watched it hundreds of times. So, I was really anxious to see how it would play out on the stage. It was FANTASTIC!

There were a lot of great scenery changes, which some shows don’t always have. They had five or six real dogs in it that periodically ran across the stage, and every time they showed up, it made me laugh uncontrollably! This show was very well cast, which was a nice treat because sometimes the people playing the parts aren’t always as great as they could be. And the car – it flies! It was so amazing! Most of the songs from the movie are also in the live production, which made me want to get up and dance with the actors at times, but I refrained myself and stayed in my seat. I just tapped my foot to the beat. It was a great show for young and old alike. Definitely go see this one if you have an opportunity. The information for this tour can be found at http://www.chittyontour.com/index.html So, check it out and see if it’s playing at a location near you.

These guys were hilarious!





No comments: