Friday, November 5, 2010

They Say It Comes In Threes

I had a post about the concession stand prepared for today; but that will now have to wait until next week because it has happened again. My poor car, Blue, was involved in yet another car accident – the third in three months! (Read about #1 and #2 if you haven't already.) I’m beginning to think Blue is actually a magnet for car accidents.

Last night after work I went to the gym and then headed over to drop some things off at a friend’s house. As I was coming home, I was stopped at the traffic light at Russell and Pratt Avenue. When my light turned green, I started driving and out of the corner of my eye I noticed someone coming down Pratt Avenue at what seemed like 40 miles per hour and it looked as though they had no intention of stopping. I slammed on my brakes to try and prevent poor Blue from being hit again; but it was no use. The guy in the silver Reno plowed into the side of Blue and gave my unfortunate car her third injury in as many months.

Neither me nor the other driver were injured which is a blessing. I’ve had a headache since last night, but the doctor says it isn’t a concussion; so, that’s good. Needless to say I was less than thrilled about being in yet another traffic accident. I really wish I could afford a driver because I hate driving more and more every day. I really think I have a sign on my car that says, “Please pull out in front of me” or “Please hit me”. Unfortunately the sign is invisible to me and I can’t see it to get rid of it.

So, that’s the latest saga of Blue. She’ll be headed back to the shop next week. Since things supposedly come in threes, I hope that this third accident is the last one for a long while. Keep me in your prayers as I travel the roads of Madison County!





6 comments:

Erika said...

Oh Natasha - I am so sorry to hear about Blue...she has really had a rough time lately.
I'm glad you are ok.

Kimberly Washer said...

Is it weird that you have had 3 accidents in the last 3 months and I haven't driven in the last 3 months? We can't drive here because we would have too many accidents from driving on the wrong side of the road. I'm glad you are ok!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your accident. I hope that this is the last accident you have to go through too.
I'm very relieved you were not hurt.
Love,
Jan

Candy said...

Goodness! Glad you are ok! I would be scared to drive too. I think you need a new car...seems like Blue has been bad luck lately.

Melissa said...

So glad you're ok!!! Maybe blue is not your lucky color!

Alison said...

Yikes! I'm so glad you are okay!