Friday, May 20, 2011

It's Been Nice Knowing Ya!

We’ve reached another Friday in 2011 – this year is really zooming by. I feel like I say that every week, but it is. Seems like this week just started. In case you haven’t heard, the rapture is supposedly taking place tomorrow. If it is, that really stinks because my parents are in far off Alaska and what if I never see them again? So, to any of you who might believe that the rapture is taking place tomorrow – good luck with that. Of course, the end of the world is also taking place on October 21, 2011 in case you didn’t know. Seriously, who comes up with this stuff?

I haven’t made any big plans for the weekend (you know, with the rapture coming and everything), but I did get all my yard work done last night and I’m really happy about that. I made a stop by Wal-Mart after work yesterday to get two things and ended up getting 12 – this is one reason why I hate Wal-Mart. Most of the things I got were actually on my Target list so it’s not like I got a lot of things I didn’t originally plan on purchasing. I had to buy a couple of fitted sheets (which were actually a couple of dollars cheaper at Wal-Mart) since The Tide scratched a hole in yet another fitted sheet – this one I had only owned for all of two days before the scratching occurred. Anyway, by the time I was finished gathering up goods from Wal-Mart, I was cutting it close to making it to the gym in time to get changed and get my favorite bike. So, I opted for doing the yard work instead and actually got a lot more accomplished that I intended to. I cut down a dead tree and trimmed up some foliage. It was a successful evening of yard work.

Tonight I plan on doing some laundry, catching up on the shows on my overworked DVR and taking The Tide to get her nails trimmed so she might not scratch a hole in the new sheets. I also have to pick up my comforter from the dry cleaners, provided it’s ready.

Tomorrow morning I’m going to the gym and then to get a manicure and pedicure – I want to make sure my nails look okay for the rapture. Seriously though, I bought a Living Social deal a while back and it’s set to expire soon so I figured tomorrow was as good a time as any to use it. I’m going to do a little grilling for dinner tomorrow evening and spend some time finishing preparation for my Sunday morning Bible class – this is my last Sunday to teach for the quarter. Sunday afternoon we are hosting a bridal tea for a childhood friend and his fiancé. His sisters and I (Tina and Shawna) have been friends for years – they have both been mentioned here at The Chronicles of Nat.

That about sums up my weekend plans – well, provided the rapture doesn’t happen and everything. Someone posted on Twitter this week that as a prank you should lay some outfits complete with shoes and socks on the sidewalk so as to give the impression the rapture took those people. That makes me laugh. Hope you have a big weekend planned and if I’m not here on Monday, well, I guess the rapture happened after all and you can just refer to me as a Doubting Thomas.

3 comments:

Erika said...

It was nice knowing you, too :)
Glad you had such a productive night getting all the yard work done!
I'll probably see you Sunday at Chad's shower. Enjoy your mani and pedi!!!

Candy said...

Where have I been? Andrew was talking about this whole rapture thing today...I hadn't heard anything about it. Maybe it's because I haven't watched anything on tv in about 2 weeks! haha...maybe that's a good thing. Oh and I hate wal-mart too! Enjoy your pedi tomorrow. I have a GC for the spa that I need to take advantage of real soon. My toes look pretty grizzly!

Kimberly Washer said...

I need some major yard work done. If you want you can come on up :)