Thursday, September 29, 2011

My Newest Obsession


As you may well know, I like to share with you all my latest food findings so that you too will know about all the latest delicacies the junk food aisle has to offer. Today, I’m going to chat with you about ice cream, which doesn’t happen very often as I am not really an ice cream eater, but I have found a flavor that may have changed me forever.

Last Saturday morning, I went to Publix to do my weekly grocery shopping. I saw a few signs for the Publix limited edition holiday ice cream flavors and thought about buying the pumpkin pie flavor, but didn’t want to get a whole half gallon. Last year I bought the half gallon and only ate two or three scoops out of it. The ice cream was good, but not good enough for me to eat the whole half gallon. I’m just not big on ice cream.

Anyway, I thought to myself that the ice cream companies should make pints of their limited edition flavors because sometimes that’s all we non-ice cream loving folks need to satisfy what we think is a craving for some pumpkin flavored ice cream. I looked through most of the major ice cream brand section and didn’t find any small size containers with pumpkin. Then I reached the Ben and Jerry’s section and was pleasantly surprised to find a pint of Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream. It looked promising and so I threw it in the cart, despite the price. When I was checking out, one of the cashiers saw the ice cream and told me it was really good and she had to make herself stop eating it. Even more promising I thought.

I didn’t give the ice cream a try until Saturday evening and oh my word, I’m not really sure I can describe how amazing it was. It is one of the best ice cream’s I have ever had. The ice cream was very creamy, not icy, and had the most wonderful taste. It was like a spoonful of heaven straight out of the freezer. The ice cream has a pumpkin cheesecake taste meaning it’s not overpowered by the pumpkin but has a cheesecake-ness about it as well. It has swirls of graham cracker in it and when you get a bite of that graham cracker in your spoon, there’s nothing better.

The Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream from Ben and Jerry’s is a limited edition flavor and will only be available, well, for a limited time. I don’t know how long that limited time it, but it is definitely worth buying a pint. I will probably buy another one or two when I hit the grocery store this weekend; in the meantime, I’ve got to figure out how to keep from eating all of the pint that’s in my freezer right now.

4 comments:

Alison said...

You know, I love pumpkin. Things like this are the only times that I really regret being lactose intolerant. Sigh... Enjoy some for me!

Erika said...

I'm not usually a fan of flavored ice cream, but I took a whiff of this last night at Nat's house, and oh my - even the smell is fantastic!!!! I didn't want to eat a spoonful b/c then none would have been left - ha!
I'll be on the lookout for their "Christmasy" flavors - you know I love peppermint :)

Jackie said...

I am headed over to your house right now to finish it off for you:) I love pumpkin and I love cheesecake! bet you're regretting giving me a key to your house now!

Candy said...

Yum! This sounds wonderful....I love me some pumpkin!