Monday, November 28, 2011

Ladies' Night Christmas Party

Monday night was our annual Ladies’ Night Out Christmas ornament exchange and as always, it was a lot of fun. The past year or two Erika has gone with me; but this year she couldn’t make it so I went solo (we are making up for it by going out to dinner Tuesday night). Despite the bad weather, there was still a good turnout (26 people). I was a little concerned because with predictions of a wintery mix, you never know who might back out.

The menu for the evening was salads and desserts and there was plenty of good food as always. We played a game of dirty Santa for the ornament exchange as we always do and as expected it provided a lot of laughs. By the way, who came up with the name dirty Santa? I’m too lazy to look it up, but if you know, please feel free to share in the comments.

As my ornament I brought a spoon with “merry and bright” engraved on it. I thought it was quite cute and wouldn’t have minded taking it home with me, but Sandra ended up with it. She licked it to try to keep it in her possession but it was stolen and obviously she eventually got it back. I bought it from GroopDealz, which if you haven’t checked out you should because it’s a great site for discounted hand crafted items. I’ve bought quite a few things from there as gifts and whatnot.

I brought home an ornament that is glass and oval and inside is Santa and his sleigh. I actually had two stuffed snowmen ornaments but traded with someone who liked them. I have a few stuffed snowmen already and really liked the glass Santa scene so the trade worked out well for both of us. I found a spot for it on my tree when I got home. I didn’t put all my ornaments on the tree this year. A lot of the ornaments I have are just cheap ones I have bought over the years and so this year I only put up ornaments that people made, or gave me or have special meaning so there was room on the tree for this one, no problem.

It was a fun night with the ladies and our last event of the year. I always take December off since we all have a lot of things to do with family and friends and it gives me a break from having to plan anything before the New Year starts.

Hope you all had a nice Monday evening as well. Stay warm!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Glad you had fun at Miss Irma's!