Monday, November 21, 2011

The Twighlight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I

On Saturday, Jackie, Maria and I went to see Breaking Dawn Part I and I must admit it was rather good. It’s been quite a while since I’ve read the Twilight books so all the specific details were not fresh on my mind to compare with the movie but from what I can remember, the filmmakers did quite a nice job.

We went to the 1:30 showing and arrived at the theater about 30 minutes or so before the movie started. The theater was already filling up, but we managed to find some good seats about midway up. Luckily I was on the aisle. We had gone for sushi before and I had water to drink along with hot tea and some soup and I felt for sure I would have to make multiple trips to the bathroom. I actually only had to get up once, when Edward and Bella were on their honeymoon and it wasn’t for a bathroom break, it was because I started coughing and wasn’t sure I was going to be able to stop and didn’t want to be one of those annoying people at the movies. So, I got up and it’s a good thing I did because the coughing also made me a little sick if you know what I mean and so I darted into the bathroom to clean myself up. Thankfully no one noticed my shirt being wet when I came back in and I had a sweatshirt to pull on as well.

I guess you’re probably not reading this for all the gory details of my trip out of the movie though, so let’s continue shall we? The movie was just wonderful. I’ve come to love these actors as the characters from the book over the years. Admittedly, I wasn’t thrilled with them in the first movie, but they have grown on me and each movie I think I love them even more. The wedding scene was really beautiful and quite realistic, not cheesy like so many wedding scenes can be. The special effects were once again great, especially when Jacob and the others transformed into the wolf pack. There were a lot of sentimental moments as well and you may have even spotted a tear or two amongst the three of us. Clearly we are teenagers at heart.

The scenes of Bella’s pregnancy were also quite good. They made her to look quite terrible, perhaps even more terrible than I pictured in the book. The delivery scene was riveting and had me on the edge of my seat even though I knew what was going to happen. I figured the movie would end when Edward transformed Bella into a vampire and in a way it did as the very last scene had Bella opening her eyes and her eyes being blood red.

Part II doesn’t come out until November 16, 2012! 2012! That’s a whole year from now. Whatever will we do? Wait, I guess. I hate waiting. If you are a lover of these books or movies then you will not be disappointed when you go see this one. It was a real pleaser and was enjoyed by all three of us.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I had no idea you got sick during the movie...sorry! The movie was really good and I would like to see it again. They did a fantastic job making her look disgusting during her pregnancy.

Erika said...

Glad it was good. I'll have to go get my "jacob fix" soon :)