Sunday, November 13, 2011

Something Yummy

It’s been a while, or at least I think it’s been a while, since I posted some of my favorite things as of late. So, without further ado, I give you, somethingI like right now – because I could only think of one.
Run, don’t walk, to the nearest Williams-Sonoma and pick up some of their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate Mix. I’m a big fan of Williams-Sonoma hot chocolate. It is the best I have ever tasted. It’s made from real chocolate shavings, not powdered chocolate, which helps. The directions on the back of the can are for one cup of milk and five Tablespoons of Hot Chocolate mix, but I use ¾ cup of milk and ¼ cup of heavy cream because I’m crazy like that.

Each year the Williams-Sonoma hot chocolate mixes come out the day after Halloween. For years they have had the original mix and the peppermint mix, but this is the first year they’ve had salted caramel. I don’t buy these mixes often because they retail for $19.98, which can be a little steep for an indulgence. After Christmas they go on sale and that’s typically when I try to buy; but this year I went on November 1 and took the full price plunge. I bought one original and one salted caramel and I’m here to tell you the salted caramel is absolutely delightful. I’m pretty sure I’ll be buying another canister of two before the hot chocolate selling season is over. If you have an extra $20 lying around, be sure and pick some up, you’ll be glad you did!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Wow - they like their hot chocolate, huh??? Sounds good though!

Kimberly Washer said...

I'm a big fan of salted drinks...who knew they could be sooo good!! I might have to try this one!!

Candy said...

Yum! I love the salted caramel mochas at Starbucks...this one sounds good too!