Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Randomology

Well, as I’m writing this, it's the last day of November, but most likely you are reading on the first day of December since I think most of you read this blog during the day. Either way, we have only one month left in 2011 and I don't know about you, but I find that extremely hard to believe. I'm sure I've said it on here before, but I'll take this time to say it again. When I was a kid I thought people were crazy when they said time flies because for me, it seemed like an eternity until the next Christmas or birthday or school year or what have you, but now that I'm older, I am saying the same thing, time really does fly by and it seems to go faster and faster with each passing year.

Are ya'll ready for Christmas? I have all of my presents bought with the exception of a few gift cards which I will most likely get at the last minute because that's when I will have the funds for said gift cards. I do so well to budget for Christmas each year but this year with all the other unexpected expenses and cut in salary, those funds seemed to disappear a lot quicker. Once I get through Christmas and January, I will be able to start building back up my savings account, thank the good Lord. I'd theoretically like to go to France again in 2013 but not sure if that will happen or not. Yes, I have officially been bit by the European bug and can't wait for my next trip overseas.

So, anyway, back to Christmas, which was my original question. I have my tree up and my Grinch figurines out and that's all I put out this year, which I think is all I put out last year too. Practically all of my guest bedroom is loaded down with Christmas presents, none of which have been wrapped and I have absolutely no motivation to start wrapping, much to my chagrin. Hopefully I will get started soon or I may be handing folks unwrapped boxes with Merry Christmas written across the top, with my address label "X"ed out. Maybe this weekend I will be able to get in the Christmas spirit, here's to hoping anyway. I'm thinking about going to the Christmas parade on Saturday. I haven't been in years but we used to go every year when I was a kid. I might take The Tide with me too, which should make for a good story or two. I've asked my parents to come along too so maybe the three humans and two dogs will load up and head downtown for some parade-fun - I will let you know.

Tomorrow (or today if you are reading on Thursday) my dad, granddad (supposed to be) and I are heading to Tuscaloosa for the state high school football finals - otherwise known as the Super Six. It's been a sweet forever since I've been to the finals. We used to go down for the day when it was in Birmingham to watch no one in particular; but this year is a special year because Madison Academy made it to the final game and they are playing Thursday morning at 11:00. Last week's game was the best atmosphere of a high school game that I have seen in years. The final game is being played at Bryant Denny Stadium and I personally cannot wait to eat about three Bryant Denny dogs. In other words, I'll be taking out a small loan to hit the concession stand. Keep your fingers crossed for me that the Bryant Denny dog will be served because if it's not, I will be so sad as I will have to wait all winter, spring, and summer before I will be able to eat that delicacy again next football season.

3 comments:

Alison said...

I hope you enjoy your weekend! I think Mark and I are going to have to talk about pulling back from some social engagements to spend some time as a family. Our calendar has started filling up mighty fast and that has me concerned about missing out on our family time. I hope your grandad is well enough to travel with you, so be safe and enjoy!

Erika said...

Hope you have fun today - Go Mustangs!!!
If it makes you feel any better, my back bedroom is in the same shape as yours - at least Amazon provides such easy to wrap boxes - Ha!
I like your new Christmasy "back drop".

Kimberly Washer said...

Yay for MA!!! I love wrapping xmas presents, but this year has been a bit more difficult. I have most of the presents I've gotten wrapped, but I normally add some fancy ribbon and boys. It might stay pretty plain for me this year too.