Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Full and Fun Friday Night

I promise to tell you about my new vehicle soon; but, I want to wait until everything is completely finalized which should be tomorrow. I also want to take some pictures to post on the blog and I ran out of daylight today. In other car news, I saw Blue parked at her new home on my way to work this morning and it warmed my heart to know that I would get to see her each morning. Ah, Blue...such good memories!

In the meantime, I wanted to let you all know about my fun-filled Friday night this past Friday. Jackie and the kids came over around 5:30 and we headed out to Hazel Green to the home of a co-worker whose boxer had some puppies about five weeks ago. I knew that Val's dog, a boxer, had some puppies last year and I randomly and out of the blue asked her a couple of weeks ago if her dog would be having puppies again or if she had been fixed. As luck would have it, Val's dog had recently birthed a new litter of puppies and Val was looking for homes for the little ones.

When I asked Val I sure didn't expect her to actually have some puppies, but I went ahead and asked her to send some photos and of course the pups were super cute. So, after thinking about it for a few days I decided to go ahead and get one. It just seemed like it was meant to be since I happened to ask her and she happened to have some puppies. Also, the summer is winding down and things should get back to normal soon so the timing was good too.

So, this past Friday, we all headed out to Val's to pick out which one of the five girl puppies would become mine. We played and held and loved on all the dogs and they are all so cute. As mentioned, the mom is a boxer and the dad is the hound dog from next door. The Tide's mom was a hound dog (she was at the pound when I adopted The Tide) and I've always suspected she had some boxer in her. So, I'm hoping the little pup we picked out will turn out to be pretty like The Tide. Call me crazy, but I always felt like The Tide was a pretty dog.

We finally decided on one of the pups, a light brindle colored girl with some white on her paws and her nose. Allow me also to just make it abundantly clear that I am by no means replacing The Tide - she could never be replaced - but I am just opening my heart and home to a new little gal. I hope she will bring me as much joy and happiness and laughter as The Tide did.







After we left Val's, we stopped by Blue Plate Cafe for dinner. As we were looking over the menu, Ashlyn asked what chicken and dumplings were. She settled on a BLT, but I asked our sweet waitress if she would bring Ashlyn a sample of chicken and dumplings so she could give it a try. The waitress brought Ashlyn a little dish of the chicken and dumplings, Ashlyn gave it a try and the verdict was, "It's good!"



While on the way to Blue Plate and also while there, we discussed names for the new dog. The final verdict was "Pippa" although it was not Troy's favorite as he said the name was "squirrely".

The grand finale of the night was after dinner when we went to Big Spring Park and watched E.T. for the first of three Movies in the Park this summer. We found a great spot up front, spread out our blankets and settled in for the movie. It was such a nice evening and there was even a coolness in the air. We have been blessed with some amazing weather this summer! The movie started at 8:30 and was over at 10:30 and admittedly, I even dozed off at one point - you know I'm an early to bed early to rise kind of gal.

Troy - before the movie started - resting his eyes

It was a really fun evening with some of my favorite people and I look forward to doing it again soon!

P.S. There are five more puppies in this litter in need of a home. If anyone is interested, please contact me. Val is giving the puppies away for free to good homes. Thanks!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Awe...Pippa is so sweet!! I'm glad you are going to give her a good home.
And, can I just say how mad I am that I missed E.T.??? My cousins and I all had E.T. dolls when we were little and I love that movie!! I've got to start looking at the Go! insert more closely.
So excited about your new puppy!