Monday, July 1, 2013

Halfway Through The Year 2013

It's July, which means we are halfway through 2013, and y'all, I have never been so thrilled to be halfway through a year before. As you know, this has not been the greatest year for me between deaths and sheds blowing away and everything in between. My saving grace was my vacation in May - if it had not been for that vacation, I would probably be in the looney bin by now. At any rate, here's to wishing and hoping and praying that the second half of 2013 is better than the first. I've got my eyes on 2014 - no doubt about that!

Friday afternoon my aunt rounded up all her people (otherwise known as her boyfriend (Chris) and the man who might as well be her son-in-law (Robert)) and they loaded up all my "junk" and brought it over for us to load up my shed. I cannot even begin to tell you how awesome this new shed is. I had planned on cleaning out and throwing out some items as I loaded up the shed, but didn't really throw out all that much (surprising, I know). Really, it was just so darn humid and hot that I didn't want to deal with going through tubs and hopefully when the weather cools off I will actually tackle that daunting task. The new shed is a lot taller than the old shed was and I can stack things higher which makes for a lot more space to walk around inside. Robert even had some hooks in his truck and hung them up in the shed so that I could hang up my weed eater. It's the little things in life, people! It took us all of about 40 minutes to load up the shed which was a lot quicker than I anticipated it taking. After we finished with the shed, I chatted with my aunt for a while and then I took on the lawn. 

In the midst of mowing, my brother showed up while I had my back to the house. So, when I turned towards the house on one of my laps in the yard, I saw him standing there and it scared me nearly to death. I, of course, let out a big scream. I finished up mowing and my brother graciously did the weed eating for me. I really loathe weed eating. Honestly it's not that I mind it do much as I am completely terrible at it. As my brother says, it's an acquired skill and man do I believe it. 

My brother had stopped by to fork over some cash for our upcoming white water rafting trip on July 13. We are going with some folks from the class I attend on Sunday mornings, or have been attending I should say as I have actually changed in the past few weeks. I don't know what came over me when I agreed to go. Don't get me wrong, I do love white water rafting, but this is July, which means le Tour is in full force and clearly I had a momentary lapse of judgement when I didn't even consider that I would rather be piled up in front of and screaming at the TV than paddling down the Ocoee River. Nevertheless, I'm sure it will be a fun day and I can watch le Tour when I get home that evening. 

After Justin left I picked up some dinner from Tender's because I was too lazy to cook and had already decided in my mind that I would, in fact, be buying myself something for dinner as a reward for all of my hard work that afternoon. I don't know why I always expect Tender's to taste better than it does, but I am always disappointed after eating there. The best part of the meal is always the Texas toast - would you agree? 

I spent what was left of the night watching TV and playing Bejeweled which, thanks to my dad, has become my latest game addiction. Thankfully, I think the newness of it is wearing off and I'll soon move on to the next game. I had never played Bejeweled until we were on vacation and I downloaded it to my Kindle. Now I play while watching TV for hours and hours. I've reached a point where I don't even get frustrated when I lose which probably means I'll be giving it up soon, thank goodness. 

I spent Saturday evening at the Five Points Farm, which I will tell you about in my next post, so you'll have to stop in tomorrow for that. Tonight, I'm headed to Concerts in the Park and dinner at Pane e Vino, and I'm really looking forward to it. The weather hasn't been to terrible so far this summer and if you don't move too much, the humidity isn't even that bad. Some time before and after the show I will have to squeeze in the remainder of today's le Tour stage. I started watching at 5:30 this morning and got a good 45 minutes in before leaving for work. I think it goes without saying that I'm a little tired today.

I've having a difficult time finding an ending point here today. So, I'll just bid you adieu and will hopefully be back tomorrow. Until then! 

1 comment:

Erika said...

Can't wait to learn about Five Points Farm!! I know it's been a rough year for you, and I hope the latter half is much better than the 1st half.