Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Musings From The Gym

Not much is going on this week. I've just been busy working and other than that, there's not much to really tell you about. So, I thought I would just fill you in on some musings from the gym, or at least that's what I'm calling it. 

Last night after our training session, we were chatting with the trainer about foods and she told us the best thing to drink after a work out is chocolate milk. I've heard this before, but never put it to practice. She said it helps to keep your metabolism going and also feeds your muscles the carbs and proteins they need after a workout. So, you'd better believe I stopped by the store on the way home and bought some chocolate milk. I mean, I've always been a lover of chocolate milk, but now I actually have a good excuse to drink it!

There was a guy at the gym last night who was lifting weights while we were warming up on the treadmills and each time he lifted he let out the biggest and loudest grunts you have ever heard. It almost sounded like he was going to die or something. I don't understand this. To me it seems like if you have to grunt that badly then you are probably lifting too much weight. It's also not attractive in the least. So, dude, if you are trying to pick up women at the gym, you are out of luck as long as you are grunting while lifting weights. 

Josh the Trainer, who filled in while Beth was out of town last week, is going to write some guests posts for the blog, or at least he says he is. We were chatting about why women go to the gym, why women quit the gym and various other gym topics and he said he wanted to blog about it but he doesn't have a blog. So, I told him that he could guest post on my blog because goodness knows I haven't been the best blogger this year. I told him that there were days when I had writers block or just didn't have anything to write about and that it would be awesome for him to fill in on such occasions. So, hopefully he will put together some entertaining posts for us. I look forward to reading what he has to say and to also seeing whether or not I and you agree with him. 

Finally, our Women on Weights class at the Downtown Huntsville YMCA needs one more person to sign up in order to have another session. The session starts Tuesday, July 30 and takes place on Tuesday and Thursday nights from 6:00 - 7:00. Childcare is available until 7:30  as well. The cost for the six weeks is $75 for members and $85 for non-members. If you live in Huntsville and are interested in joining, please contact Beth at the Downtown YMCA. The phone number there is 256-319-9622. This class is really great and the three of us who hope to continue on with another session really hope we can find someone to join us. So, again, if you live in the Huntsville area and are interested, then please contact Beth. Oh, and you have to be a female - it is Women on Weights, after all. 

2 comments:

Jackie said...

I heard that about chocolate milk as well but I have never tried it. Hope you guys find another girl to sign up.

Erika said...

Debating whether or not to sign up for the weight clas...the small # certainly appeals to me and the fact that I would know someone :) I wish it was at 6:30 though....I'd have to leave work early 2x a week.