Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Stinky Lunchboxes and Cool Evenings

Serious question here - does anyone know of a type of lunchbox that will not stink after multiple uses because I am in need of one. You see, I bring my lunch to work probably 95% of the time and the lunchbox I'm using right now stinks so bad I can hardly stand to be around it. I'm definitely going to throw it out soon and look for a new one because the stench is about more than my poor nose can handle. 

I've always had a strong sniffer and smelling is the strongest of my senses (I could probably write a whole post on that alone); so, I don't know if it is my overly sensitive sense of smell or if everyone that comes within five feet of my lunchbox can smell the stench. The bad smell comes from leaks and spills that occur during transport - right now there is a strong smell of Clausen pickles and pineapple. No matter how many times I send my lunchbox (it's a Vera Bradley soft cooler type bag) through the laundry cycle, it still reeks. So, if anyone out there knows of a good lunchbox/lunchbag that will come out smelling like a bed of roses after multiple uses then please do tell. Inquiring mind desperately want to know. 

Moving on to lovelier things... Monday night my aunt and I ventured out to Concerts in the Park to listen to Strings of Pearl and Olde Towne Brass. We left my house a few minutes after 6:00, found a parking spot and walked over to the park, setting up our chairs under the magnolia trees. We had made plans earlier in the day to get a pizza from Pane e Vino and we did just that. We got the white pizza, or Van Gogh as it is called on the menu, and it was really delicious. That was the first time I had eaten anything from Pane e Vino and I would recommend it and will certainly be going back again soon. Our pizza was ready about 6:45 and I walked over and picked it up and we ate while listening to the bands and catching up on this and that. 

The evening was absolutely delightful! I have never enjoyed July weather in Alabama as much as I did on Monday night. There was a slight breeze blowing and the humidity wasn't bad and the temperature was in the high 80s and after the sun started going down it was probably in the low 80s. It was quite enjoyable and I didn't even break a sweat! I seriously cannot get over how nice it was outside. We have really lucked out so far this summer with minimal blazing hot days so far. I'm sure July and August will have some scorchers in store for us, but in the meantime I am really enjoying these cooler summer nights and have my fingers crossed that there will be a few more!

The weather was also nice on Tuesday evening and I actually rode my bike to the gym for my WOW class. The class that night was a combination of cardio and weights and by the time our hour was up, I was pooped. One of the girls in the class offered to give me and The Blonde Adonis (my bike) a ride home and I took her up on it to save what little energy I had left. 

I spent the rest of the evening putting the finishing touches on mine and my dad's photo books from our trip in May, eating French toast (each batch seems to get better) and watching le Tour. Tuesday's stage was the team time trial which is my favorite event. Unfortunately, my favorite team did not win. C'est la vie. 

I've got Thursday and Friday off from work for Independence Day and am looking forward to having some time away from the office for more than just a weekend. It's supposed to rain for most of the next few days, but I'm sure it won't put a damper on the festivities.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I have a 31 Lunch tote. It is insulated, and i've been using it for a long while now - at least 2-3 years. no stinch. I don't think i've had much leak in there though. but the interior can easily be wiped out.
:)