Monday, May 19, 2014

I'm Baaaack!

Y'all - first of all, I am alive. I'm sure some of you were wondering. Last week was probably the number one most chaotic week of my current professional career. I assure you I've had more chaotic weeks working in sports and also politics, but as far as my current profession, last week takes the far. I had a customer in town and about a million things going on each day and in the evenings and by the time I finally did get home each night, I literally washed my face, crawled into bed, turned on the hockey game and fell asleep. It was crazy busy and I'm so, so glad it's over; although this week has started out hectic as well but I promise to try my best and get some blogging done for you all. 

Other than work, there's not much else to write about in regards to last week. The highlight of the week was Monday night when we had our women's Bible study at my friend Leah's house. So, I'll fast forward to Friday. I had every intention of leaving work around 4:30 p.m. and finally made it out the door about 20 minutes after 5:00 p.m. It was typical and not surprising based on the week I was having. 

My plan for Friday was to go to the second Food Truck Friday and to get there early so I wouldn't have to stand in line forever like I did last month. This month instead of having the event at the Lumberyard off of Meridian Street, the even was held downtown at Fountain Circle by City Hall. I got there around 5:40 and already people were lined up at all of the trucks. I wanted to try the Rollin' Lobstah truck and have a Lobster Roll and of course, it was the longest line. I decided to go ahead and stand in line because this might be the shortest I would ever see the line for this food truck. 

I stood in line for about an hour before making it to the window. The people behind me were pretty cool and I chatted with them from time to time. The girl in front of me was a self-entitled twenty-something and when she reached the window, her friend came out of nowhere and was going to place an order as well. I tapped the friend on the shoulder and told her the line was way back the other way and she proceeded to tell me she wasn't ordering anything and then did. It was at this point I hoped she would spill her food all over the white jeans she was wearing. I shared this thought out loud with the girl who had been behind me in line and she said she was about to say the same thing. Apparently I'm not the only one who doesn't care for self entitled high maintenance twenty somethings. 

I finally got my food which was good, but not worth the hour wait and $11 that I paid for it. I ate it while sitting in my car because I was very hungry and wanted to eat it before I got home and had a dog begging at my feet. The rest of the night was spent watching TV and doing laundry and even cleaning the bathroom. I was exhausted after such a stressful week and was just glad to be home with nothing in particular to do. It was a rather nice start to a very busy weekend. 

1 comment:

Erika said...

I can't believe you didn't say something to that girl after she ordered!!!! You must be mellowing... LOL