Monday, May 12, 2014

Mother's Day Weekend 2014

It was a busy weekend for me and I'm sure it was for most of you too. Mother's Day tends to be busy for a lot of folks.

Friday afternoon I met Jackie for dinner at I Love Sushi. It had actually been a few months since I had been there and so I was glad she picked it as our meeting place. After dinner, she headed to Nashville to stay the night with her sister, and I went to Publix. I went to the one on Whitesburg and picked up what I needed to complete Mother's Day lunch.

Saturday morning I got up about 6:00 a.m. and immediately began cooking. I had broken the green beans the night before; so. I put those on to cook as well as the chicken and then baked a cake. Long story short, I spent the whole day cooking, doing laundry, getting some cleaning done and then, because it didn't rain I had to mow the grass as well. All week long, the weather folks had said it was going to be a torrential downpour on Saturday and it didn't rain a drop. I had been looking forward to a rainy Saturday, but it was not meant to be.

Sunday after church, I took all the food over to my parents house and fed the family for Mother's Day. We had chicken casserole, green beans, corn, salad, and chocolate cake. We just had crescent rolls because I didn't make homemade rolls. I actually had a new recipe I wanted to try but ran out of time.

When lunch was over, I took my grandmother home and then took The Pip and I home and then fell asleep on the couch. It was later in the day that I normally get home on Sundays and I forgot to set an alarm on my clock so by the time I woke, it was past time for evening worship. That's how it goes sometimes I guess. I was pretty tuckered out, and so was Pippa because she didn't move a muscle.

It was a good, productive, busy weekend. I am thankful I was able to spend some time with the family and with my mamma. Hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day and were able to spend it with the ones you love.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You are an awesome daughter! Your family is very lucky to have you step up and cook such awesome meals for them. Feel free to invite me over when you try your new roll recipe:-)