Thursday, May 29, 2014

It Was My Off Week

As I'm sure you know, I work out with a trainer on Tuesday and Thursday nights as part of a Women on Weights Class. There are six of us girls who get together and enjoy being tortured by our trainer Josh. Actually, it's a lot of fun, a good stress reliever and one of the best parts of my week. There's a lot to be said for sweatin' to the oldies, or something like that. 

Every seventh week is our off week; although we usually end up meeting at least one of those nights for make-up classes. This week was our seventh week and we did, in fact, have one make up class scheduled. I asked the girls if we could meet on Thursday because I wanted to go to family dinner on Tuesday at my Aunt Linda's house. Everyone was kind enough to oblige me and so we scheduled our make-up session for Thursday. 

On Tuesday night, I joined my Aunt Linda and a slew of my cousins for dinner. We had BBQ and I brought dessert and we just generally had a fun time, or at least I did. Every Tuesday night this crew gets together and I hate that I am unable to be there every week because it was seriously so great for me to spend time with these fun family members of mine. We talked and laughed and really, I didn't want to leave, but The Pip needed a bathroom break I have no doubt and so I was resigned to leave about 7:30 p.m. 

Then came Thursday and honestly, I was ready. It had been (another) stressful week and I was looking forward to a good workout and sweating and laughing with the girls at the gym while I complained about all the hard stuff we had to do, but secretly enjoying it at the same time. When I walked into  work on Thursday morning, I must have been thinking about my agenda for the day because this was when I realized I had left my gym bag at home. 

I knew what was ahead of me at work and it didn't look good for going home and changing clothes before my 6:00 session. By mid-day, what had been a fairly open afternoon turned into meetings from noon through 4:30 and I realized there wasn't much hope of me getting home to change clothes. So, I decided that I would just use the evening to mow the grass instead, at least it would be some form of physical activity. Then, about 3:00 it started raining which ruled out mowing. I was striking out all over the board. 

So, I just decided to get some Big Ed's Pizza and go home and be lazy. I have felt guilty about it, no doubt because I do not like being lethargic and inactive, but there was just no way for me to get home, get changed and get to the gym on time and there was also no way for me to mow since the lawn was sopping wet and it was still raining. It is extremely rare for me to have a night with nothing going on during the week. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm at the gym, Wednesdays are church, every other Monday I have Bible study and the off weeks always get filled with something and usually Fridays are spent mowing or hanging out with friends, or what have you. So, I resigned myself to just enjoy the evening with The Pip and I can get back to the gym next week. 

Plus, one of my favorite events of the year was on TV Thursday night and I was able to watch it with no interruptions. That's right folks, the 2014 National Spelling Bee was on TV and I enjoyed every minute of it. I am amazed at these kids and the words they spell. It is sometimes nail biting fun, especially when it gets down the the last three of four spellers. If you didn't check it out on Thursday, then you should definitely check it out next year. It is must see TV and good quality entertainment!

No comments: