Thursday, May 8, 2014

My Mailbox Project

A couple of weeks ago when I got home from the gym, I do as I always do and went to check the mail. I am not even remotely kidding when I say that I opened the door to the mailbox and it literally toppled over. Now, my mailbox has always been a little wobbly, but not so wobbly that I felt it might topple over.

My first thought was that our crazy mailman had hit it and when I asked my neighbor Jeff if he had seen anyone hit it, he said no, but that it was probably the crazy mailman. Great minds think alike I suppose. Thankfully Jeff had a cinder block and I was able to rig the mailbox up via cinder block so I could still receive mail until I had time to fix it up properly.

A couple of days later, when the weekend rolled around, I got to work on the mailbox project. I had looked at possibly getting a new mailbox, but mailboxes are not cheap, y'all. So, instead, I bought some spray paint and decided to give my mailbox a makeover before sticking it back in the ground.

I got the mailbox (all but the flag) painted up and dried and then put it in the ground with some Quick Crete so that maybe it would be a little more stable than it was before. I got it painted and in the ground just in time too because it started raining the next day.

This past Friday, I finished up the mailbox project by painting the flag a bright red and if you ask my, the mailbox looks about as good as it every has since I moved in. I still have some numbers to put on it and I guess I need to do tat sometime soon, but for now it's just plain and looks nice I think.






2 comments:

Jackie said...

Look at you being all crafty and stuff!!

Erika said...

Well aren't you the DIY-er?? :)

Looks good!!!