Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Another Iron in the Fire

Y'all, I really don't know when I've been so busy as I am right now at work. I have so much going on that some days it's hard to even know where to start. To say it's a wee bit stressful is an understatement. I'm pretty sure my whole head is going to be gray before too long. I just keep telling myself that this will soon pass and I'll be back to a normal pace soon... fingers crossed. 

As if I don't already have enough going on between work and serving on the board of directors at Agape and trying to maintain some semblance of a social life, I also recently applied to graduate school. I've wanted to get a MBA for a long time but just haven't done it. For whatever reason, a flame burned inside me recently and I finally pulled all the required documents together and applied and this past Friday I got my acceptance letter! I applied to the program at the University of North Alabama for a couple of reasons - one, it has a good reputation and two, it's affordable, or as affordable as an advanced degree can be I suppose. It's not Harvard, but it will do and all the classes are online which fits my schedule and doesn't require me to have to drive to Florence which is an added bonus. 

The program is designed to take one to two years (depending on if you go full or part time); but, I fully intend on taking two to three years. I know myself, people and I know that I love TV and concerts and hanging out with my friends and heaven forbid schoolwork get in the way of any of that. Priorities, my friends, priorities. I'm really excited about going back to school and also a little nervous. It's been 15 years since I've been in school and I'm sure a lot has changed, including the fact that these classes will be online as opposed to a classroom. So, I'm going to have to stay disciplined and stay the course and pray that I'm able to handle it all. Here's to hoping it all goes well.



1 comment:

Erika said...

I am excited for you, and proud of you for pursuing it!