Monday, June 15, 2015

I Just Keep Going and Going and Going

Y'all, I'm so tired. I think my constant going and going has caught up with me and I'm ready for my 40-year nap, but I don't really have time to nap for 40-years so I'll just keep on trucking and hope for the best. 
Last Friday I had a few invites for Movies in the Park, but I responsibly stayed home and didn't go. My original plan was to meet some friends there around 6:00 p.m. and eat and head home but when I was still a work a few minutes after 5:00 and needed to pick up some prescriptions and run another errand or two, I decided it would probably be best if I kept myself at home and took care of things around the house because my Saturday was going to be busy and Sunday I was leaving for Boston. So, I stayed home and actually got a lot accomplished. I cleaned the bathroom and did a lot of laundry and did some dusting and went to bed at a decent hour and was quite pleased with my productivity for the evening.
Saturday morning I was up before 6:00 a.m. and finished up a good majority of the inside the house chores before I had to leave to go to my granddad's house. We had a "garage sale", really it should probably be called a moving sale which started at 10:00 a.m. and was supposed to last until 2:00 p.m. I wanted to start earlier for a couple of reasons. One, most people who go to garage sales go in the wee hours of the morning and two, I wanted to be finished by noon and back home to finish my chores and get packed for Boston. The first people who came were people we knew and they actually bought quite a few things. A few others trickled in from time to time, but overall it was a slow go. I don't think we had anyone show up after noon. A little before 2:00 p.m. the movers showed up which was a complete surprise to me because I had no idea they were coming that day. I thought they were coming later in the week. There was some miscommunication between us and the movers through because the guys that came thought they were moving only and we thought they were packing up the rest of the stuff and then moving. Long story, short, the movers moved the furniture to the place where my granddad is going to be staying and we made other arrangements for the packing up of the rest of the stuff. 
After the adventures at my granddad's house, I finally made it home close to 4:00 p.m. I was going to lie down and rest for a minute, but then remembered that Pippa's nails were more like talons and I needed to take her to have them trimmed. So, I loaded her up and we headed to the pet store in Five Points for a nail trim. She was not on her best behavior that particular day, but at least she isn't going to claw anyone to death. When we got home from that adventure, I started on the yard work. It was miserable hot and I feel like I probably sweat off about five pounds. There was some out of control brush along the fence line that I cleared and that probably needs to be cleared some more, but for now it looks better than it did. I finally finished up with everything a little after 6:00 p.m. and got a shower to wash all the filth from mowing off before crashing on the couch to watch hockey. Sadly, I did not sleep well that night, undoubtedly because I was leaving the next morning. This seems to be my pattern the night before a trip. 
So, that was my weekend, or my half-weekend as I've been calling it since I left on a business trip Sunday. I guess it's the time of year when things don't seem to slow down and all I want to do is rest. I guess I can do that in January when there's nothing going on. 

No comments: