Thursday, June 18, 2015

While In Boston

Monday morning in Boston I woke up, got ready for the day, ate some breakfast and headed out the door. My co-worker Andy and I drove the one mile or so up the road to our customer site to begin our work day. It was raining outside and Andy was kind enough to pick me up under the portico at the hotel and drop me off at the front door of our customer site.

We spent the day working and having meetings with various people who we work with on a daily basis but from a distance. It was refreshing to meet all the people we talk to on the phone so often. I think it makes a huge difference to put a face with a name and I was so glad to meet people who I've talked to for years but had no idea what they looked like in person.

Our customer took us out to lunch at a local spot and Andy and I both had the Lobster Roll, or should I say Lobstah Roll, which was really good. We enjoyed visiting with our customers on a casual environment and getting to know them a little better. After lunch we had more meetings and Andy did some more work on his project and around 4:30 p.m. we called it a day. We were planning to leave at 5:00 p.m., but we had plans to go to the Red Sox game and our customer told us we should probably hit the road.

So, we went back to the hotel and changed clothes and then went to the train station so we could catch the train/subway into the city. It was Andy's first time on a train or subway and he was really excited. What can I say? He's young. It took us a good hour or longer to get to our subway stop because of the vast number of people trying to get to the game. The trains were running slow and we were often stopped on the tracks not moving at all which was supremely annoying considering there were hundreds of people on each car and I was starting to feel claustrophobic.

We finally made it to Fenway Park, bought some tickets on the first base line under the upper deck (it was raining and we wanted to stay dry) and walked around outside the park for while before going in. We finally went in and I was planning to get a hot dog and soda, but Andy decided to buy a whole pizza for us to split and so I just went with it because at this point I was ready to sit down and start watching the game. We made our way to our seats and practically needed a third seat for our gigantic pizza.

The game was fun, the atmosphere was more fun. The weather was cold. I had on a coat and a beanie and by the time the game was over, I was freezing. The Sox played the Braves and despite a rally in the bottom of the ninth, the Sox lost (their seventh loss in a row). We still had a great time and I'm so glad we were able to catch a game while in town.

After the game, we made our way to the train station which was backed up to the street to get in. They apparently haven't caught on to the DC method of just let everyone in on game night. After waiting in line to get into the station, we finally made it onto a train and began the long journey back to our car. We made it back to the hotel around midnight where I promptly went to sleep. It was a productive day and a fun night!

1 comment:

Candy said...

I'm so jealous! Andrew has promised he will take me to Fenway to see a game one day. He's been several times and always tells me about the Fenway frank :)