Monday, June 8, 2015

Home on a Monday

I doubt anyone has ever used the term, "suffered through the weekend," but that's exactly the term I would use to describe my weekend thanks to my stomach which started giving me problems on Friday.

Friday morning I woke up with some stomach pain which I thought was just hunger; but, throughout the day the pain continued to get worse, I had so much to do at work that I didn't want to leave early, but I finally decided to leave a little before 3:00 p.m. I had a car full of stuff to take to my grandmother's for our garage sale. By the time I got there it was pouring down rain and I was about to go to the bathroom on myself. So, I ran inside barely speaking with anyone making a dash for the toilet. My cousin Jessica and I managed to get the car unloaded and I then darted home and immediately took a Phenergan and slept for the next 13 hours.

Saturday morning I got up and still did not feel great. I took a shower and laid back down for a while to wait and see if I felt like going to the garage sale. I mustered up the strength to get out of bed. I made a stop by Starbucks for a Frappucino and then went to my grandmother's. I managed to make it through the day at the sale though how I will never know. I'll write more about the actual sale in a separate post.

After the sale was over and I finally made it home for the day, I was feeling worse than I had that morning. The yard, however, absolutely had to be mowed because I had now mowed the week before and it was too high for my taste. So, I spent the next two and a half hours mowing and working in the yard and coming in to cool off periodically. I was so miserable and was ready to vomit at any moment but thankfully never did. By the time I went to bed that night, I woke up an hour or so later and needed to take another Phenrgan because of how bad I felt.

Sunday was a big day with lots of planned activities. I got up and went to church and felt a little better. I even managed to eat some tacos for lunch and thought everything was going to be okay. I went to see a play that afternoon and then to my cousin's engagement party that evening. After about two hours at the party, I thought I might get sick all over the place and as much as I didn't want to leave, I was in intense pain and had to say my farewells.  By the time I got home I thought I would spend the rest of the evening beside the toilet. I took more medicine and went to bed and woke up every couple of hours with acute pain in my stomach.

I stayed home from work today (Monday) and , or course, feel guilty about taking a sick day - that's the American way, I suppose. After waking up every couple of hours doubled over in pain, I just didn't think I could stand to be at work and try to concentrate on my work while dealing with the pain. This morning I had pretty intense pain every hour on the hour, but this afternoon seems to be better. I have no idea what's causing it, but I'm ready for it to pass because I've been pretty miserable for four days now.

I don't think it's s virus of any sort and am leaning towards and ulcer or something along those lines. If it doesn't improve soon I'll be headed to the doctor, but I'm hoping it will be much better soon because I'm ready to return to normal, or as normal as I can be anyway.

1 comment:

Erika said...

Don't feel about about taking a sick day - that's why you have them!

I hope your pain subsides and that you don't have any additional problems.