Thursday, October 15, 2009

Couples Retreat: A Review




Raise your hand if you love Vince Vaughn! I know I do! That guy makes me laugh a thousand times over. I wonder if he is as funny in person as he is on the big screen. How could he not be?


This past weekend I saw “Couples Retreat.” Surely you’ve seen the previews for it. Four couples head down to a tropical paradise for some counseling and fun in the sun. I’m often leery of these types of movies because I’m afraid that the funny previews will be the only funny scenes in the movie and that the rest of the movie will be a dud. And, that sometimes turns out to be true. Not so with this movie. It has lots of laughs from beginning to end. Not to mention Vince Vaughn! Raise your hand if you love that guy!

“Couples Retreat” is definitely a movie you don’t have to think about. It’s easy going the whole way thru with no twists and turns in the plot. So, if you’re looking for a movie that will keep you thinking and on the edge of your seat, then this isn’t the movie for you. However, if you want to watch a movie that is carefree and will keep you laughing, then this is the one for you. It won’t disappoint.

P.S. Remember this guy?






It’s Ralphie from “A Christmas Story” – he’s the director! You can’t go wrong.

Tony's take: pretty good

3 comments:

Candy said...

I love Ralphie. And I love glowing sex in the window :)

Sara said...

Me and Stephen want to see this! It looks so good. Now to find the time...

Candy~glowing sex in the window?!? What is that about?

Mary McLaughlin said...

Thanks for the review. Hoping to see it this weekend!