Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Trunk Or Treat

After church service this past Sunday night, we had trunk or treat. I don’t know when this started, or what church started it, but once it did, it caught on like wildfire and now everyone goes trunk-or-treating, and hardly anyone goes trick-or-treating. Weird.


When I was a kid, I loved going trick or treating. There were always a ton of kids out in the neighborhood and I loved dressing up. My dad would walk with my brother and me and sometimes he would even dress up. It was awesome! Sometimes our friends would go with us or sometimes it would just be my brother and me, but we always had a good time. I wish I had some old trick-or-treating photos on hand to post – maybe another time.

So, like I said, I don’t know when this whole trunk-or-treat phenomenon started, but it is the big thing these days. Kids dress up and go from trunk to trunk instead of from house to house. I guess it’s safer for the children, but I think they are missing out by not trick-or-treating! Oh well, what do I know? It seems like the kids enjoy it, and that’s really all that matters. Plus I scored a coupon for a free frosty, so, I’m not complaining.

Here are some photos from trunk-or-treat:



Here are Troy and Ashlyn - AKA Harry Potter and a witch




I remember when my brother used to chase me - why do brothers do that?




Here's my friend Candy and her sweet daughter, Jane Claire.
JC is almost as tall as Candy now!




Here's Candy's son Silas - he's a pirate!




Amy's daughter Chelsea was a pig




She even had a tail!




Here's my sweet student Greg! He's Thomas the Train.




This is Sara's boy, Blaine - he's a cowboy and Sara made his outfit.
You can read about her costume making experience here:





Sara's boy Bryson was dressed as a dog - so cute!




Last but not least is Jack, dressed as Woody from Toy Story.
I was in his mamma's wedding 14 years ago!
So weird that it's been that long.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Can you e-mail me those pics of Troy and Ash?

Candy said...

The dog is Bryson :) And I love how my pirate was clutching a Bible the entire time. He wants to preach like his daddy :)