Monday, March 22, 2010

A Case of the Mondays

This is how I feel about my computer sometimes.


I’ve got a case of the Mondays today, how about you? It’s not often that I feel completely unmotivated (or is it?), but today is definitely one of those days. I guess a weekend of being lethargic and watching basketball non-stop will do it to you.

When I came in to work today, there was a “Happy Belated Birthday” sign written on my white board and balloons in my cubicle. I happen to know for a fact that the balloons were left over from another girl at work whose birthday was on Friday – I helped blow them up. For some reason I found this all to be annoying and I popped all the balloons, which was really loud and probably scared a few people. Later on in the morning when our secretary got to work, she brought over some coffee cake and cupcakes that she bought at Kroger this morning to “celebrate my belated birthday.” I guess everyone felt guilty about not celebrating it on the actual day, but almost two months later is a little unnecessary if you ask me. I guess it’s the thought that counts.

Unfortunately I have no Monday Movie Review for you today. Tony and I skipped the movies once again this weekend. The next movie we are really looking forward to seeing is Clash of the Titans. Did anyone see the original? Tony has it on DVD and brought it over a while back for us to watch and it wasn’t half bad. Now, I’m really looking forward to the new one, which, of course looks much better thanks to CGI and all the other fancy special effects movie directors have these days. Tony also mentioned wanting to see Hot Tub Time Machine. Don’t ask me why, maybe it’s a guy thing; and, we’d also like to see Crazy Heart but haven’t made it out for that one either. Personally, I’m hoping it will show up at the dollar movies soon. In case you didn’t know, Huntsvillians, the Carmike Cinema over behind Wal-Mart on University Drive now has one dollar movies all day long every day and they have dollar popcorn and sodas on Tuesdays as well. We haven’t had a dollar movie joint in Huntsville since I was in high school, so this is definitely a treat. I just hope they don’t end up closing their doors.

I did see a few bands this weekend. Friday night, Tony’s band Local Orbit played and Jackie was kind enough to go see them with me. Before we saw them, we went out to see The Robertsons, which is a band that a few of our friends are in. On Saturday night, Tony and I met up with Jackie and saw Redd Letters and The Robertsons play. So, I guess you could say it was a music packed weekend.

When we weren’t listening to bands play, we were watching basketball. I still can’t believe that Kansas lost and seeing as I had them picked to win it all, well, I’m definitely not going to win the Parker Tournament Challenge. In fact, it looks like Tony may end up winning. My dad and I both lost two Final Four teams and Tony has three remaining. Such is life.

Yesterday was the selection show for the NCAA Hockey Tournament – known as the Frozen Four. UAH is playing #1 ranked Miami-Ohio on Saturday in the opening round. I wish them well, but don’t hold out hope for a victory. Back when I worked in sports information and lived in New York, I correctly picked the hockey tournament bracket from the first round to the winner – I didn’t miss a single game. That’s a feat that will most likely never be repeated.

I joined a gym last week and haven’t been to work out yet. Nice, huh? I actually haven’t had time and this week I’ve got something to do every night – Monday (Ladies’ Night Out), Tuesday (American Idol at my house), Wednesday (church), and Thursday (Wynton Marsalis concert). So, basically, I’m not going to have my first day at the gym until Friday. Next Monday I meet with the personal trainer so he can tell me how fat I am and what I can do to improve on that. I’ll keep you all posted on my progress and let you know how I’m doing. My goal is to lose 20-30 pounds, which can be discouraging at first because I always seem to gain weight when I first start working out and then I start crying and frequenting the Krispy Kreme.

There have been no more Michael Jackson sightings, but I’m keeping my eyes peeled.

My shoulder hurts today and I’m looking forward to visiting the chiropractor this afternoon.

Oh and it was snowing this morning. SNOWING! I think I mentioned on here numerous times that I was ready for the big one – I’m not. I’m ready for spring. It’s hard for me to get motivated to do anything outside when it’s 70 degrees one day and 40 the next. I’m ready for flip-flops and sundresses, open windows and the smell of a freshly mown lawn. Does anyone else out there feel this way? Usually I don’t mind the winter holding on, because it means it will soon be hot and I don’t care for hot; but this year I am ready for the sun to come out and play. The weather is not helping with my case of the Mondays.

Well, this is what happens when I open a blank word document and start typing. I’m just trying to keep you readers happy. I try my best to post Monday-Friday, but last week it just wasn’t happening and I wanted to do better by you this week. So, this is what you got for Monday – ramblings. Hope you have a good day!

2 comments:

Mary McLaughlin said...

I have Monday-itis, too. Really don't want to be at work but don't have anywhere else to be either. Went to see Alice in Wonderland this weekend. It was interesting but bizarre! I, too, am ready for spring...but I think we had it already on Saturday! Hope you have a good week!

Candy said...

I'm so ready for warm weather too! My little piggies are begging for flip flops. I'm actually looking forward to breaking a sweat when I get in my car to go somewhere. Break out the AC and sunglasses :)