Friday, March 12, 2010

Random Thoughts for Friday

Well, it’s Friday and all week I have planned on doing a random thoughts post. Although now that it’s Friday, I can’t think of much to randomly say – probably because this has been an exhausting work week, I’ve had a frustrating day, and my head has been hurting off and on for two days. The first thought I actually typed up last week. So, at least I had a head start.

Once again, the US Postal Service is mulling over the idea of dropping Saturday delivery and guess what else – raising the rates again! Seriously, USPS, this is getting ridiculous. I understand that the USPS is losing money, but why do we have to have a rate change every stinkin’ year? Why can they not raise the rate to, say, 50 cents and then not raise it again for a few years. I know they have the “forever” stamp that can still be used when the rates increase, but the forever stamp is U-G-L-Y and I prefer pretty stamps. So, USPS, if you’re listening – cancel Saturday delivery; it’s really not a big deal and the workers can watch college football in the fall; and would you please have a six or seven cent increase that will last a few years instead of a two cent increase every year. I’m just saying.

The Parker Griffith commercials are REALLY annoying the snot out of me! I have never been a fan of this man, and I never will be. I hear his stupid commercial at least three times every morning while getting ready for work. Finally, one day last week I happened to be looking at the TV when it came on and I happen to know two of the idiots on the commercial. The funny thing is I’ve known them since I was in college and have always thought they were idiots and now that they are supporting Parker Griffith for Congress, my suspicions have been confirmed! I hope he loses in the primary!

Speaking of commercials, it seems like I am seeing more people I know starring in commercials then ever before. In addition to the two people mentioned above, a guy I work with is on a couple of the Redstone Federal Credit Union commercials and my very first boyfriend is on another one; and earlier this week I could have sworn I saw a girl I grew up going to church with on a commercial for a local lawyer. I want to know how to cash in on the commercial extravaganza!

I don’t know about the rest of you American Idol watchers, but I was TOTALLY shocked when Lily Scott got booted off of the show last night. I liked her a lot. I guess that’s what happens when I don’t vote, huh? Well, maybe she will still do well in her singing career, I mean look at Chris Daughtry!

My uncle won the showcase showdown on The Price Is Right this week – I am not kidding. My grandmother called me on Wednesday and asked me to record Thursday’s show because my uncle had called her and told her to watch because he might be in the audience. I recorded it, but didn’t watch it (I will now!) and then today found out he won a trip to Whistler, a trip to Hawaii, a jet ski and a snow mobile; and when he spun the wheel – it landed on $1.00, so he won $1,000 also! This is the same uncle who last year inherited about half a million dollars from a woman he wasn’t even related too! How does one person get so lucky?

Well, these random thoughts didn’t turn out half bad, I guess. Have you got a question for Nat, well, leave it in the comments and maybe I’ll answer it next week. Until then, have a good weekend!

2 comments:

Candy said...

What? Another exciting event for the Parkers? How do I get in on this awesome family? :)

Mary said...

Maybe your uncle will take you to Hawaii! Just a thought! I love The Price is Right!