Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July 6

Here are some interesting (or not-so-interesting) facts about July 6. In 1854 in Jackson, Michigan, the first convention of the United States Republican Party was held. In 1942, Anne Frank and her family go into hiding in the "Secret Annexe" above her father's office in an Amsterdam warehouse. In 1957, John Lennon meets Paul McCartney at a fete in Woolton. That turned out pretty well if I do say so myself! In 1986 – Davis Phinney became the first American cyclist to win a road stage of the Tour de France. By the way, if you are not watching Le Tour this year, you need to tune in! Oh my! It’s only day four and oh the excitement! I can hardly stand it!! I love Le Tour and that’s no lie! In 1998, Roy Rogers died. July 6 marks the first day of San Fermín festival in Pamplona, Spain, which lasts until July 14. I must admit I’ve always wanted to witness the running of the bulls. July 6, 2008 I started dating Tony – we’ve been together for two years. That’s hard to believe. It’s also Tony’s dad’s birthday. And today, July 6, 2010, Tony was laid off from work. So, I’m writing this little post to ask you all to keep Tony in your prayers that he will find a new job soon. We may not know what the future holds, but we know who holds the future, and I know the Lord has a great plan for Tony! Happy Two Years, Tony! You rock the house!

No comments: