Thursday, July 15, 2010

Thursday Movie Review - Eclipse



Recently, Jackie and I went to the theater to see Eclipse, yes, we are lovers of the Twilight series and no, we are not teenagers. Seriously, if you haven’t read these books, do! They are good.

The first Twilight movie I thought was okay, the second I really liked, and the third I think was the best one yet! I don’t know what it was about this movie that I liked the most. It followed closely with the book, for one, which is a huge plus. There were battle scenes – cool! Maybe it’s the fact that the people playing these characters have actually grown into the people they are portraying and therefore it was more believable. I’m not sure. But, I thought it was great.

Jackie and I both agreed it was the best one yet and we can’t wait for the next one – NEXT YEAR! I think Hollywood spoiled us by releasing two so close together. This was the first time we had seen a Twilight movie by ourselves. Usually Jackie’s nieces are with us, but this year, Brooke is in France and McKenzie is doing who knows what. Getting ready for college I guess. I missed having them around, but Jackie and I had a good time nonetheless.

If you are a fan of the Twilight series and haven’t yet seen this movie, then go this weekend. The crowds are probably thinned out and you won’t have to bump elbows with a stranger. If you’re not a Twilight person or haven’t seen the first two, then I would recommend seeing the first two movies or reading the books before you go. Otherwise you might not know what the heck is going on.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I want to go see it again!!