Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My Bounty Could Also Be Yours

Recently, I wrote a couple of posts with some couponing tips. (Here are the links in case you missed them: Part 1, Part 2). In the second post, I briefly mentioned some ways to earn Amazon gift cards and rebates by using certain web sites. I wanted to share my recent winnings with you so you could see that these things actually work.

The first thing I want to tell you about is how to earn some Amazon gift cards by doing something that you most likely already do and also by doing something new. In the past month I have earned $25 in Amazon gift cards for not doing much of anything. Here’s how you can do it too:

Swagbucks – As mentioned in my previous post, Swagbucks is simply a search engine where you can earn Swagbucks for doing nothing more than searching. You won’t win every time you search, but you will earn every now and then and those bucks add up over time which allows you to redeem them for items in the swag store. There are tons of items in the store, but so far all I’ve ever gotten are the Amazon gift cards – I’m an Amazon lover in case you didn’t know. You can also earn points by answering the daily poll, clicking on trusted surveys and by looking for swag codes which are posted throughout the day.

Another way to earn Swagbucks is by purchasing living social deals and Groupons. If you are already planning to purchase these, go back to the Swagbucks site and then purchase through it and you will earn Swagbucks in addition to the great deal you just purchased.

One $5 Amazon gift card is 450 Swagbucks. Last month, I redeemed enough bucks to get four of these for $20 in Amazon gift cards! All I did was use Swagbucks as my search engine and used some of the other methods above to earn extra bucks! So easy!

Viewpoints – I also mentioned Viewpoints in my last post but wanted to elaborate a little on it as well. In January I earned a $10 Amazon card and in March a $5 Amazon card just for writing a review of items I have around my house. Viewpoints is a site where people write reviews and others come to read reviews on everything from dog food to Blu-Ray players. I keep a list of items that I plan to review and then when Viewpoints offers Amazon gift cards as incentives for writing reviews, I will write the number of reviews needed to earn the card. In March, you could write five reviews for a $5 card and that’s what I did. The reviews have to be around 900 characters but when you are writing about something that you really love then it’s pretty easy to come up with 900 characters.

So, that’s how, in the month of March, I earned $25 in Amazon gift cards for doing not much at all.

The other thing I wanted to tell you about again is Ebates. I am new to Ebates and in fact only started using this site recently. This is how it works – when you are going to shop online, first go to Ebates, then find the site from which you are going to make your purchase, click on it and then Ebates will open a new window that will go directly to that site. Once you make your purchase, you will get back a certain percentage of your purchase which will be deposited into your PayPal account or sent to you via paper check. You receive money back every three months. At the end of March, I received back $12.34 into my PayPal account just from purchases I had made. I will definitely plan to use this site more often. It’s amazing how much 80 cents here and 40 cents there will add up!

I hope I did an okay job of explaining these things to you and I hope you too will take advantage of these opportunities. I am saving up all my Amazon cards to put towards a large purchase before my trip to France.

As a reminder – if you sign up for any of these programs, please use the links provided in this post so I can get credit for your joining. Thanks for reading, good luck, and happy shopping!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Not too shabby! I love Amazon as well :)

Kimberly Washer said...

Wow that was a lot of info. I might have to come back to this one later in the day when eyes aren't watery and I'm not yawning! Thanks for the great info though!! P.S. I heard on the radio this morning that Amazon was voted #1 for best customer service!