Monday, April 4, 2011

Sunday Afternoon Visitor

It’s Monday and as luck would have it, I burned the tips of three of my fingers this morning. So, typing isn’t really something I want to do a lot of today. So, instead of writing a long post today, I thought I would instead show you the picture of this squirrel I took yesterday.

Yesterday afternoon, after napping, I decided to open up the front door so The Tide could look outside. As I was opening the door, I noticed a squirrel sitting in a flower pot and shooed The Tide away from the door and went to get my camera. The Tide ended up running out the back door, which wasn’t latched, and that was great for my photo taking, otherwise, she would have surely barked and scared the squirrel away.

I took a couple of photos and then decided to put my bigger lens on. Luckily, the squirrel stuck around for its photo session and I was able to get some closer shots.

I don’t know why, but that squirrel sitting in my flower pot just really intrigued me. That’s all I’ve got for today, folks. Hopefully the throbbing in my fingers will stop soon and I will feel like typing more tomorrow. Until then, have a happy Monday!




5 comments:

Kimberly Washer said...

How cute!!

Kimberly Washer said...

Also, I'm sorry about your finger. AND I saw some taco flavored doritos while Shelley and I were at the grocery store this weekend and I told her the story. She LOVED it!!! I also wanted to buy some to see if they really had magic powers! I'll let you know if I ever do.

Erika said...

Squirrels...I don't know whether to love them or hate them. They look all cute - UNTIL you see them hanging upside down from your "squirrel proof" bird feeder just munching away! Oh well. I guess they have to eat, too.
Cute pictures, though! I will give the little rodents credit for ingenuity :)
I hope your fingers feel better soon. Put some Preparation H on them! SOunds crazy, but a coworker told me that's what UAB used a lot of times for burns.

Melissa said...

Cute little critter!

Jackie said...

very cute pictures! hope your fingers are better today!