Wednesday, October 10, 2012

I've Got Nothing

I have been racking my brain on an off today (Tuesday) trying to think of something even remotely interesting to tell you about. I've come up with a whole lot of nothing. I don't even have a list of favorites right now. Please do not be envious of this fabulous life of mine.

I will say that I tried a new yogurt today. It's called Yoplait Fruiplait and although I've only had it once, so far it's in the running to the closest thing I've had to French yogurt since Dannon discontinued their French Yogurt (a sad, sad day!). The Yoplait Fruiplait has a ton of fruit in it and was quite yummy. If you are a yogurt lover then I would recommend you try it. There's a coupon in the yellow Publix flyer for $2 off two packages of four that expires on Friday (October 12) so run!

I've started my Christmas shopping and have put a small dent in my list. Oddly enough I'm having a hard time deciding what to get some people, which is an unusual situation for me, but I am quite happy with the few things I have bought thus far and will hopefully find the perfect gift for everyone on my list.

Jackie and I are going to see The Avett Brothers at the VBC later this month and if you are keeping track, then, yes, this is the third time we will be seeing them this year. At this point it's like we are groupies or something. Only we don't stalk the band bus, well, except for that one time.

In other news I decorated for Halloween a couple of weekends ago and with the exception of buying candy and carving a jack-o-lantern, I am all ready for trick-or-treaters. I hate that Halloween is on a Wednesday this year because I like to be home when the ghosts and goblins come around and of course Wednesday is church night. I may go to the 6:00 service at one of the churches close to my house so I can be home by 7:00 to pass out candy.

Today (Wednesday) is the one year mark of my current job. As you may recall, I was laid off last year, but only out of work for a week as my company transferred me to another division. The gal I work with brought me a 12-pack of Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash as an anniversary gift. I was going to bake her some brownies, but she is on a diet. So, I didn't do anything. I meant to buy some flowers at Target last night, but then it slipped my mind when I got sucked into on-sale work out clothes.

Speaking of Diet Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash, it's only available around the holidays and I spotted it at Publix a few weeks ago in two-liter form and bought one. Last year I never found the cans and I went to many a store. So, I'm pretty pumped that G found the cans and bought them for me. An awesome surprise if I do say so myself. She lies in Marshall County, so maybe they don't sell out as quickly there - although this was the last pack.

Well, I suppose this is all the boring news I have for today. Fingers crossed my posts will get much better because I don't see how they could get much worse! Happy Hump Day!

2 comments:

Erika said...

Kudos to you for having begun your Christmas shopping; I am impressed!

And how sweet of your co-worker to bring you a nice surprise! Wow - the year has flown, huh?

Jackie said...

I can't believe it has already been a year! Crazy.