Sunday, October 28, 2012

Our 10th Dogiversary


Today, Sunday, October 28, 2012, is mine and The Tide’s 10th Dogiversary! It’s hard to believe that it’s been 10 years since I picked her up from the Pitt County Animal Shelter in Greenville, North Carolina; but, indeed it has.

As you may have read on Friday, The Tide is scheduled for surgery this Thursday. She has a torn ACL and the surgery will repair the joint so that she can use her leg again. She will stay at the vet’s office for a few days before returning home the following Monday. For a $50 dog from the animal shelter, she sure has cost me (and my family) a lot of money. Including the time she was fixed, the surgery this week will be number four - getting fixed, two hip surgeries and now the ACL.

In addition to the surgeries, she has eaten holes in walls, carpet, linoleum, baseboards, peed on many a carpet, eaten many books, socks, and various other assortments of belongings. She has caused a Christmas tree to topple over and ripped holes in more fitted sheets than I care to count.

Through it all, though, she has been a good guard dog and a loyal companion. She follows me around no matter where I go or for how long I’m going to be away from my spot on the couch. She loves to chase birds and squirrels and barks at every person and animal and delivery truck that passes in front of our house.

It turned out to be a costly decision when I got The Tide 10 years ago, but it was also one of the best. I can’t imagine life without her and I hope the good Lord blesses us with a few more years together. Happy Dogiversary, The Tide, you’re the best friend a gal could ever have!












3 comments:

Erika said...

Thanks for letting Kendra and me crash your dogiversary time with the Tide!
I hope you have many more good years together, and no more surgery!

Jackie said...

Tell The Tide Aunt Jackie says Happy Dogiversary!!

Possum said...

Happy dogiversary, Nasty and Tide, best wishes on many more,