Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A Movie, A Thunderstorm and Another Strawberry

After my busy and fun-filled Saturday morning and early afternoon, I went home and pretty much immediately fell asleep for a nap. I slept a couple of hours and woke up just in time to watch California Chrome lose the Triple Crown.

Jackie came over a little while later and we went out to Bridge Street to The Scene Restaurant and  the Monaco Pictures. You may recall that back in December I won dinner and a movie for two at the Galaxy of Lights Fun Run and so we redeemed those vouchers. We each had salad and sushi for dinner and we got tickets to the Prive area for "The Fault in Our Stars."

Nevin got me the book for my birthday and Jackie has read it a few weeks ago and I finally read it last week and so we went to see the movie fully expecting to have a big cry. The movie was well done. It was about as close as it could get to the book. There were very few things different than the book; but, as is always the case, the book was better. I don't know if it's because I knew what was going to happen or what exactly the deal was, but I didn't cry nearly as much as I thought I would while watching the movie. I definitely cried more when reading. There was a couple sitting to my left and y'all, that man cried more than both me and Jackie. He was sobbing loudly. I almost asked him if he was going to be okay.

During the movie, a thunderstorm came to town and it rained heavily and hard and thundered loudly the whole time we were in the movie. I didn't even know if was supposed to rain. Thankfully, we had used the complimentary valet parking that Bridge Street is offering during the construction of the new Belk and so we didn't have to trudge through the rain after the movie was over. Someone else got to do that for us and it was nice.

Sunday morning was church, after which I made my weekly trip to Publix and then came home and watched Formula One which has become my new obsession thanks to that movie "Rush". I now want to go to a Formula One race.

After church Sunday night we had our first softball game in a month. I'll spare you all the terrible details and just leave it with these words...we lost. The main thing is we all had fun. Everyone I talked to has said they had a good time and really, that's all that matters. I cut up my left leg rather badly and it now had a huge strawberry on it which is still trying to heal. It looks ridiculous and hurts like crazy. I had the good sense to order some ball pants this week and they should be in before our next game, that is if I play. I may sit out a week and let my leg heal. Time will only tell.

The softball game ended the first full weekend of June and the first of many busy weekends in a row. Looks like summer is in full swing.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

You should've posted a picture of your leg:-)