Monday, June 23, 2014

Another Weekend, Another Wedding

It's hot, y'all. There is no doubt about it, summer has officially arrived. The days are hot and sticky and you start sweating as soon as you open the front door. Summer in the South - some things never change. I will say, though, that I am surprised by the amount of bugs there are this summer. I've always heard if the winter is very cold then the bugs won't be bad; but, that does not seem to be the case this year. Seems like there are more beetles this year than I have ever seen. I'm thinking I may need to get one of those bags that catches the beetles. I suppose that doesn't have much to do with what I've been doing, but I did want to mention it so thanks for hanging in there with me and my random moments. 

The weekend for me started with a Friday night grass mowing. I had not mowed in almost two weeks and it was time that the yard be tamed. I got started about 6:15 p.m. and finished up close to 8:00 p.m. My ankle was rather swollen (because of my leg) by the time I was done with the yard work. So I spent the rest of the evening with my foot propped up on a pillow so the swelling would go down. I did this while laying in bed. Yes, I was in bed by 8:30 p.m. on a Friday night. Please do not be jealous of my rock star lifestyle. 

On Saturday morning, I was up by 6:00 and spend the morning cleaning and doing laundry. It was The Pip's first birthday and you would think I might have done something fun or crazy with her; but, no. I did try to put a birthday shirt on her and take her photo, but that didn't work out too well. So, I just told her happy birthday a lot. I don't think she really cared one way or the other. 

In the late afternoon, I got ready for my friend Katie's wedding. Jackie and I know Katie from church and so we went to the wedding together since neither of us were fortunate enough to have an actual date. The wedding was sweet and simple and short which is probably how most people like it. The bridesmaids dresses were beautiful and Katie looked gorgeous! Her dress wasn't my style, but it looked great on her. She was a beautiful bride. 

The reception was in the South Ballroom at the VBC and there were 500-600 people in attendance. They had a buffet with  plethora of food, all of which was quite good. Jackie and I mingled amongst all our friends and never really stayed at any one table for long. We stayed until the cake was cut and served because, as you probably know, I am a lover of cake and this cake was worth the wait. Very moist and delicious. 

After the wedding, Jackie and I hung out on the front porch to people watch and then ended up going over to our friends Jonathan and Caley's house so we could hold their sweet baby for a while. We love spoiling that baby! It was another busy but fun Saturday spent with people I love. A big congrats to our friend Katie on her nuptials. I wish you all the happiness in the world!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Now I'm craving wedding cake :)