Wednesday, June 18, 2014

A Wedding Celebration

Saturday was filled from start to finish with activity and there was little time for rest. It was my cousin Anna's wedding day and it was also the day before Father's Day which meant that in addition to my normal household chores, I also had Sunday lunch to prepare and had to stop in time to get ready for the wedding reception. Anna was married in a very small church that had no air conditioning and so just a small group of people were invited to the wedding. 

The Pip was ready to get up about 5:00 a.m. I guess since we get up at that time during the week she decided the weekend should be no different. It worked out well though because I was able to get started on the cleaning and the laundry and start cooking and preparing for Sunday lunch. Early on in the morning I realized I was out of dishwasher detergent and an emergency run to the store was in order. I was brave and decided that since the store was less than a mile from the house I would let Pippa stay out of the crate while I was gone. I was back home in less than 10 minutes and I'm pretty sure she just stayed at the window the whole time I was away. She (thankfully) didn't tear up anything. 

Mid-morning I managed to get a small nap in and then got back to it until I took a break a little after 1:00 p.m. to go get my nails done, using the gift certificate Jackie's parents gave me for Christmas. I came back home a little over an hour later, took care of some more things around the house and soon enough it was time to get ready for the big party. 

The invitation to the reception said 6:30 p.m., but I am perpetually early and I got to Mooresville about 6:00 p.m. Anna's reception was at The Dance Hall and the parking was on the main highway and golf carts ran back and forth from the cars to the dance hall. It was also a short walk away and so I just walked, enjoying the evening stroll as it wasn't too terribly hot out. 

I ran into the wedding party as they were walking to the church and was able to pass out hugs and handshakes before the ceremony. I also got to see Anna before she headed to the church and she, of course, looked gorgeous. I made my way inside the dance hall and was quickly greeted by Sydney who was there with her parents, new baby brother, and her grandmother (my dad's sister) and so I sat at the table with them. 

The serving line started around 6:45 p.m. or so and all of the food was delicious. There were a lot of choices and it was all so good. When Anna and Randy came into the reception, the party really got started. There was a live band and no one had been dancing until the bride and groom arrived. Sydney and her gang left pretty early on and my Aunt Linda sat at the table with me the rest of the night. The table was right by the dance floor so we had a good view of all the shenanigans. I ended up dancing with my cousin Chris and y'all, I danced until I was covered in sweat. It was a blast. Everyone seemed to be having so much fun. I think we all could have danced for a couple more hours. 

Anna and Randy left the reception around 9:30 p.m. and I left soon after, hitching a ride to my car with Chris and Amy and Aunt Linda. I was home a little after 10:00 p.m. and you would think that after all that dancing I would be able to sleep the night away, but it was just the opposite. I actually tossed and turned and was in and out of sleep all the while having visions of dancing at the reception in my head. I guess I wasn't ready for the night to end. 

A big congrats to Anna and Randy who are such a fun couple! I wish them all the happiness in the world!  

Greer before the wedding

Anna and Greer before the wedding

Anna and Randy's first dance

A blurry photo of Chris leading the dance line

Anna and Randy dancing their way out of the reception

1 comment:

Kimberly Washer said...

So Anna Parker married Randy Turner! I love Randy Turner!! Sounds like a super fun wedding!