Thursday, June 19, 2014

The Week's Happenings

It's been a busy week this week, y'all and also a little unusual because I haven't been able to do some of my normal activities.

Sunday night we had another softball game and another loss and I did not even have fun playing. I was in a bad mood and so were some other people and it just did not make for a fun experience. Not to mention that I fell on my wounded leg which caused the wound to bust open and become extremely disgusting.

Monday night I went to my women's Bible study group where the aforementioned wound was examined by various and sundry ladies who told me I needed to go see a doctor and so I did just that on Tuesday morning. The doctor never used the word infected, but he did use the word "concerning". My ankle and foot had also begun swelling the night before and so that was also cause for concern.

The doctor gave me a Tetanus shot and some antibiotic cream and told me to do a wet to dry bandage and change it three times a day. He said if it wasn't better in a couple of days to call him and he would call in an oral antibiotic. He also told me to keep my foot elevated and to take the week off from working out and softball which freed me up for family dinner on Tuesday night.

So, Tuesday after work, I headed over to my Aunt Linda's house for family dinner and enjoyed the food and more importantly, the company and also some leftover wedding cake. I could have stayed all night talking to my family, but my foot was extremely swollen and I was so very tired and so I headed home around 7:45 p.m. I was in bed and pretty much asleep by 9:15 p.m. and slept all night.

Wednesday was work and church which was nothing out of the ordinary. Thursday was a big day at work and in the evening. Some time last month I threw my business card in the fish bowl at Zoe's Kitchen and last week I found out I had won catered lunch for 10. So, I was blessed to be able to treat my team to lunch Thursday afternoon. We had steak and chicken kabobs, hummus and pimento cheese with pita, a large salad and chocolate cake. They even brought cups, ice and tea. It was all super delicious and it was nice to be able to have conversations with my team members that didn't involve work.

Thursday night, Jackie and our friend Leah came by and the three of us went to Greene Street Market and then walked around downtown perusing the Arts Stroll. We stayed out for a couple of hours and just enjoyed each other's company and the nice evening. It was hot but not blazing. We ran into lots of people we know, most from church, including Erika and Leah's in-laws.

I've still got yard mowing to do for the week which I hope to get knocked out on Friday night and then there is another line up of activities to keep me busy through the weekend which will hopefully make for some good blogging material. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

1 comment:

Erika said...

Busy week! I hope your leg is lots better...