Thursday, June 26, 2014

Thursdays In Huntsville

I don't really have much of anything to write about today. I've been keeping busy but with nothing very interesting, or at least not interesting enough to write about. I will say the summer has been a nice break. I've spent very little time watching TV which I should honestly practice more often. I need to get in the habit of reading, a hobby which I once loved and somewhere along the way stopped doing.

I did want to mention Greene Street Market again. I've been four or five times this year and it's always so much fun. If you love in Huntsville, you should definitely check it out. It takes place on Thursdays from May through October from 4-8 p.m.

Last week, since I was told to stay out of the gym by the doctor, I went with Jackie and our friend Leah. We met at my house at 6:00 p.m. and headed out. Leah and I got some Piper and Leak Summertime Chai Tea to start things off. We also got some homemade popsicles and while standing in line we ran into Erika who had purchased a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Last Thursday was also the Arts Stroll for the month of June so we walked around downtown and perused the various crafts.

We made our way back to Greene Street and Leah and I got some Kettle Corn and Jackie tried some weird pro-biotic drink called Kambucha. I'm probably not spelling that right, but I'm too lazy to look it up. Before the night was over, we stopped by Big Spring Park. It was a gorgeous night and thankfully it wasn't unbearably hot.

I stopped by again tonight to get tea and kettle corn and I also picked up some sunflowers because they were so pretty and I thought they might brighten up the house. I also grabbed some dinner from Food Fighters. They are usually a food truck, or bus really, but they set up a tent at Greene Street. I had the brisket, mashed potatoes and coleslaw and it was really quite delicious.

Huntsville has so many wonderful things to offer and Greene Street is just one of those. Be sure to check it out before the season is over.



1 comment:

Erika said...

Just went to Piper & Leaf's website and noticed you can buy jars of the loose leaf tea...A jar of "Front Porch" might be my next splurge :)
I love the Greene Street market and am so glad it's been so successful.