Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Birthday Recap

Well, as you now know, it was my birthday yesterday, and it was a good one. So, I thought I would recap some of the day’s festivities for you. Of course, I worked yesterday, but was able to leave early to go downtown for the Ringling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus animal walk. This is where the animals are unloaded from the train and walk to the venue where the circus is being held. I first went home and then my dad came and picked me up and we headed downtown. Tony met us downtown and we were all excited to see the circus animals be paraded through the streets of Huntsville. Well, we were thoroughly disappointed when the only animals to walk in the animal walk were the elephants. All the other animals didn’t participate. So, we saw six elephants walk by, lasting all of about one minute and that was that.


My dad said the circus used to include other animals and also clowns in the animal walk. That’s what I was hoping for this time; but, alas, only elephants. My dad said the circus is making too much money and don’t need to promote themselves – he’s probably right. Here are some photos from the one minute animal walk:



Here's one of the circus trains



Elephants getting off the train



Walking from the train to the road


















Last night for dinner my parents, Tony and I dined at P.F. Chang’s, one of my favorite spots. Tony’s not a huge fan. He’s been once before and decided to give it another go. I doubt he’ll be going back. But, we all had a good time and did a lot of talking and laughing, which is always nice. By the time we left, I felt like everyone in Huntsville had eaten. We had soup, lettuce wraps, calamari, orange peel shrimp, orange peel chicken, Mongolian beef, and almond cashew chicken and we also had mini desserts. It was a fun night. My parents got me a camera bag for my birthday, which I really needed.

After dinner, I gave Erika a call because she wanted to stop by when I got home. So, she came over and brought me a plate of chocolate chip cookies, and a bag of gifts which included a wooden spoon, a flat whisk and a lovely notebook, which will no doubt be used to take notes at future American Idol gatherings. It was nice to visit with Erika too because I had not seen her since our Christmas party way back at the beginning of December. I’ve talked to her since then, but haven’t seen her. And guess what else? That stinker bought a new car (Honda Pilot) back around the middle of December and I didn’t even know it! It’s a good looking vehicle. I’m anxious to see it in the daylight and ready for her to take me for a ride around town!

Before Erika arrived, Tony gave me his gifts. He got me a meat thermometer, which may not seem like a good gift to some people out there, but it is for me. Just last week, I mentioned that I needed one and he actually listened and bought one! And I wasn’t even hinting! I’m so impressed – good job Tony! He also got me an Alabama National Champs hoodie and tickets to see “A Chorus Line,” which is coming to Huntsville in a couple of weeks. I have never seen this show and am really looking forward to it.



After dinner, Tony took this photo. My dad said he looked like he was having a heart attack in it. So, Tony retook the photo. The second one turned out better.







I also received lots of well wishes in the form of texts, phone calls emails, and even a video message from Candy’s Jane Claire signing Happy Birthday! It was a really good day, made better by all my friends. Thanks, everyone! I hope you all are blessed to have a birthday as wonderful as I have had this year!


I'm just throwing this photo in for good measure. A train came by while we were waiting on the elephants. I thought it turned out pretty good.

4 comments:

Candy said...

Glad you had a good day. Enjoy the meat thermometer! =)

Sara said...

That brand spankin' new fancy camera and you didn't even post a picture of the meat thermometer? Highly dissapointed :( But GO TONY for listening to your woman! woo hoo!

Anonymous said...

I'm thrill you had a great birthday. You deserve it. I know Jackie was late and she called me today early very upset about not calling you.
But I remembered. Just didn't tell her because I wasn't feeling very alert.
Wow, I'm disappointed in the elephant deal too. What is up with not having the wild animal go by in cages.
You know as dumb as this sounds. I still don't know how to post this. It is a flute any time it comes up if you even receive the post.
Love,
Jan

Anonymous said...

All so very interesting and informative.