Thursday, February 11, 2010

Random Thoughts for Thursday

There’s prediction of snow for Alabama tomorrow – the unfortunate part of that forecast is that it’s for the lower portion of the state, which means, if the prediction holds true, then Huntsville will once again be passed by. This makes me sad. I’m ready for the big one, people!

The Olympics start tomorrow night; well, the opening ceremony at least. I’m a big fan of the winter Olympics and am looking forward to watching over the next couple of weeks.

I love the DVR! If you don’t have one, call your service provider and complain about something; tell them you are switching services, maybe you’ll get lucky and get one for free!

I watched American Idol last night. There seem to be a lot of good male vocals, but I’m not so sure about the girls. Maybe I just don’t pay as much attention to them. Why did so many groups sing that Gwen Stefani song? That was like career suicide. I also hate it when people get the boot and then start begging for a second chance. It’s not flattering.

Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains starts tonight and I am super excited about it. There are a lot of people I like and a lot of people I don’t like coming back and I’m anxious to see how it all plays out.

I love comments and haven't been getting many lately. Am I really that boring, or is the subject matter boring? Wait don't answer that. Just leave me a comment and let me know someone is reading.

I’m working for The Huntsville Times tomorrow night. It’s the first time since December. I hope I remember how to write a story about high school basketball. Speaking of which, it is really annoying trying to find high school rosters on the internet. School web sites are just not what they should be and I think that’s sad because it’s 2010 people and a lot of folks rely on the internet to find information. I shouldn’t have to call a school and ask them to fax a roster. It’s annoying. Annoying, I tell you!

Valentine’s Day is coming up on Sunday. Don’t forget about your sweetie, or your dog, or your kids, or well, you get the point. I was in Hobby Lobby last weekend and overheard a lady say, “Oh I forgot I had to get my kids something,” which I thought was funny because it’s not like she had kids overnight. I’m pretty sure she’d had them for a while. Personally, I’m not a big fan of Valentine’s Day. I don’t think people need a specific day to love someone or take them on a date, that should happen regularly, but what do I know?

Have a good Thursday!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Hey Nat!! I hope you get some snow there in HSV. We've been getting way more snow than normal lately. I think some school systems have used all of their snow days around here - also because they overreact when snow is in the forecast. Check out my lastest website post http://www.myadamsfamily.com/new_page_2.htm
and you'll see our big snow in January.
I'm also excited about Survivor!!! I haven't watched the latest Idol - it's on my Tivo. And yes, you're right, DVR's are the GREATEST thing! I almost refuse to watch a show realtime.

Mary McLaughlin said...

I LOVE YOUR BLOG! Please keep writing. Sometimes I just don't have time to post, but I always read.

I don't watch AI usually until the last episode. Then I watch about 10 seconds and pick the winner. Done that for the last 3 years.

I don't watch Survivor either. Too gross for me!

Agree with you about Valentine's Day. You should tell people you love them everyday! So, I love you!

Hope you and Tony have a great weekend!

Mary

Anonymous said...

O.k. I have been posting but sometimes it will not allow me to post. It ask profile which I don't have one. I do the anonoymous one and than it starts asking me to spell a word and sometimes it erases my post. I know it is me.
But I do read if not every day every other day.
Keep writing and do not get discouraged.
Jackie, Troy and Ashlyn are spending the night before the SURGERY. Troy is going to work with his Papa and I'm going with Jackie in the AM. Ashlyn told me today that she is very nervous. I told her that I understood-that I would be too. No comment so either it worked or she doesn't believe me.
Must get going.
Love,
Jan

Candy said...

I love your blog! I check it daily! You have a fan :)

I am SOOoo excited about Survivor too! I'm a big fan of Sugar, JT, Colby and Rupert. Andrew loves Boston Rob! I'm sure you can guess why. lol.

Happy Valentines Day to you! Tomorrow marks 6 years since Andrew proposed :) I warned him not to ask me on Valentines Day because I hate that!! I was so not expecting it to happen in the month of Feb and was totally surprised!