Monday, February 15, 2010

Monday Movie Review - The Wolfman


I haven’t had a lot of time to write today, but I wanted to save your pocketbook a few dollars if you had any intentions of seeing The Wolfman. Apparently The Wolfman is a remake of a 1979 film. I haven’t seen the original, but have seen in other reviews that it is better than its modern day remake. I don’t see that is could be much worse. Luckily, I had a movie pass and we didn’t have to pay for this film; I would suggest you hold on to your money as well. I’m not even sure I would recommend this on DVD. Here’s a summary:


Blood and guts and limbs: You got it

Plot: Dull and boring and extremely predictable

Acting: Mediocre, even from Sir Anthony

Special Effects: Not great – the werewolf transition was much cooler in New Moon

Believable: Nope

Basically, the previews were the best part about this movie. It really could have been a lot more if it had been better written, etc. The movie was just a werewolf tearing folks from limb to limb. If you are in the need to see a lot of blood and guts, then maybe this is for you, but I doubt it.

Tony's take: not good

2 comments:

Tony said...

I agree!!

Candy said...

No thanks! I got so sick last watching just watching the Discovery Channel with JC. They were talking about vampire bats and JC was all into it. This man opened his windows and let the cameras film while 5-6 vampire bats bite him and then drank his blood. It was SO disgusting! I was so so sick for like 30 min after watching it. I had to close my eyes and tilt my head back and focus on breathing or I would either throw up or pass out. Poor JC got so scared seeing me this way. She was terrified to sleep alone last night. I let her come snuggle in the bed with us and after she went to sleep I moved her into her bed. Thanks for the recap. I'll def not be watching this one.