Monday, February 1, 2010

They Say It's My Birthday



Today is my birthday; I’m 33 today. Ten years ago I was in my last semester of college, working in my first sports information job and preparing for a move to New York. You’ve heard the saying, you can take the girl out of Alabama, but you can’t take Alabama out of the girl (ok, maybe I modified it a little), and indeed that is true because after four years of moving up and down the Eastern seaboard, I’m back in Alabama and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Fifteen years ago, I was finishing my last semester of high school and preparing to enter college at The University, known to the rest of you as The University of Alabama.

Time sure does fly. When you’re a kid it seems like time creeps by and when you hear adults say, time flies, you look at them like they are crazy; and then you grown up and realize it’s the truth.

I may not be the wisest person on earth, but here are some trivial things (I don’t want to get too deep here today) I’ve learned along the way:

• Forrest Gump was right, life is like a box of chocolates, you really don’t know what you’re gonna get.
• Life never turns out like you planned, you’ve got to adjust the speed and keep on driving.
• People in Huntsville really can’t drive well.
• Never underestimate the power of chocolate
• Honesty really is the best policy
• When you treat people with kindness and respect, you get the same in return
• Growing up is tough

I’m sure there are many other things I could come up with to pass along to you, but let’s face it; you probably don’t want to hear it. And, it’s early in the morning so I can’t really come up with anything witty right now. Thanks to all my friends and family for making me the person I am today. I’m crazy because of you; but I don’t think you would have it any other way.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Got your post on our blog. Happy Birthday to you as well!!! I hope you have a great day!

Sara said...

I hope you have a great day! And your list of "trivial things" hits it right on!

Candy said...

Happy Birthday to a beautiful, great, wonderful friend. We love you! Thanks for all that you do!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!

Jessica