Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day Recap

I haven’t had a lot to write about this week; not to mention that yesterday I was really busy at work and didn’t have time to post. Since Valentine’s Day was this past Sunday, I figured I would go ahead and write something about that. I’m sorry to say, Sara, that I didn’t take pictures of anything. I thought about it many times. I thought, “Sara will want to see a picture if I write about this,” but then I never bothered to get my camera out and now I’m writing with no pictures. Sorry, girl!


Well, needless to say, my Valentine’s Day wasn’t quite as humorous as Candy’s, but it was a good day nonetheless. When I got up, it was snowing! I love snow; I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned that I’m ready for the big one; and I was so excited to see the snow coming down in bug flakes and covering the ground. I went to church and while I was sitting in church, I kept thinking about how I was going to go home and build a snowman and have a lot of fun playing in the snow. Then church was dismissed and I walked outside to have my hopes crushed because it was raining and the snow was melting away. So sad.

I then drove to Gigi’s cupcakes because they were opening on Valentine’s Day even though it was a Sunday and I wanted to see if they would have either of the flavors that Tony or I liked. When I got there the sign said they weren’t opening for another hour. So, I went to the Star Market and got a loaf of bread and went home to make grilled cheese and tomato soup. It was good and is one of my favorites to eat on a cold day.

After a nap, I was going to make some shortbread cookies, but they weren’t cooperating and I threw them out. So I read the newspaper, watched some Olympics and put the lasagna I had made for dinner in the oven to cook while I went to church.

After church I came home, had lasagna for dinner with Tony, we exchanged gifts and then went to see A Chorus Line – he got me tickets for my birthday, remember?

Are you wondering about the gifts? This is where I had intended to take pictures for Sara, but never got around to it. Tony got me some Edward Cullen Twilight Sweetheart Candy, A bag of Reese’s Cups, and the hardback set of books 1-5 of Percy Jackson and the Olympians. Good gifts! Tony’s gift didn’t arrive until yesterday so he hasn’t gotten it yet; however, I was able to give him one thing I bought. It was a large iron thing that you hang on the wall that has hooks on it for coats, keys, etc. It was sculpted like a set of six bicycles. I should have photographed this too because obviously I’m not doing too good of a job describing it. Well, he liked it and that’s all that mattered.

A Chorus Line was good. There were some parts that were slow, but overall I really liked it. So, Valentine’s Day was a good day and I hope you all had a nice Valentine’s Day too.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Glad you had a good Valentine's day. Although it wasn't as funny as Candy's. (I had to read her blog, too!) Sorry the snow turned into rain...but I am really really sick of the cold weather!

Mary

Sara said...

First of all, I would like to see the photos of the Edward Cullen stuff...just cause he is HOT! Stephen is jealous of him so he won't buy me anything with Edward Cullen on it. Little does he know, as soon as New Moon comes out I am getting it and technically he is going to pay for it. I would also like to see the bicycle thingy. That sounds really cool. And when the big snow comes, I will play outside with you! I LOVE snow!