Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tuesday Movie Review - Clash of the Titans





As I type, someone in the distance is moaning. I’m not sure what that’s all about, and I don’t think I want to know. It’s awfully odd. And now on to more important things… a movie review.

Last Friday, Tony and I finally made it out to the movie theater. What with Tony’s weekly gigs on Friday nights and all the NCAA basketball on Saturdays, and The Amazing Race on Sundays, the movie theater has been nothing but a distant memory as of late. But, basketball is over (Congrats, Duke) and Tony didn’t have a show this past Friday. So, Tony dug into the depths of his pockets, picked out the lint and took me out for a movie.

We had big plans to see Clash of the Titans when we first heard it was coming out. I think I’ve mentioned this before. Tony was a big fan of the original and owns it on DVD and a few months ago brought it over for us to watch. I liked it quite a bit, despite the extremely cheesy special effect, which I’m sure were state of the art in 1981. So, needless to say, I was looking forward to this CGI infused remake.

Now you may or may not know this about me, but my favorite types of movies involve those that have to do with war, middle earth, or the Roman Empire or anything that has a lot of battle scenes, which I guess could also classify as war. Seeing as how this movie looked to be packed full of battle scenes and olden times, it was yet another reason or two for me to be excited.

This remake was really good, people! I mean, really good. I loved it, I’m not gonna lie. Both the original and this remake are great movies in their own respect and I like both of them, not necessarily one better than the other. This remake had a lot of wonderful special effects. The acting was great and the movie was also suspenseful at times, even though, generally speaking, we knew what was going to happen. There were a few things left out and a few things added, but it didn’t take away from the film. The only thing I was disappointed about was that there wasn’t a big kiss at the end – you’ll know what I’m talking about if you go to see it. If you like these type of epic movies, then I think you will definitely like this one. I enjoyed it immensely and will more than likely buy it on DVD when it comes out.

Added: I forgot to write this in the original post and just thought of it when I was looking over it. Anyway, Tony really liked this movie too. Tony's response to everything, and I mean everything is "it was pretty good." That's what he said about this movie too and then on Saturday, he commented, twice I might add, that he really liked it; and that's saying something coming from Mr. Pretty Good.

We saw the movie in 2D because a lot of people had said there wasn’t much 3D to it and it was still great. So, save that extra two bucks and buy yourself a soda to sneak in because we all know you’re not getting anything for two bucks at the theater.

Tony's take: pretty good

2 comments:

Candy said...

Was the moan from Ben? haha. And that's what big purses are for! I always take the largest purse I own into the movies...stuffed with drinks and snacks from home :) I like to think of it as "being green".

Alison said...

Cool! I've been wanting to see that. I'm not disappointed by no kisses. Keep out the mushy stuff! Leave that nonsense to the RomComs! :)