Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spring Has Sprung




Spring is a great time of year. The weather (usually) isn’t too hot and all the colors burst from trees and flowers and bushes. I’m wondering if this is going to be a quick spring since it’s supposed to be 90 degrees today. I hope not. I’m not ready to sweat profusely every time I get in my car.

As mentioned in an earlier post, last week I mowed the lawn for the first time this year. When I mow the lawn I like to look out at it over and over again because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. (I know; I’m weird). Sunday afternoon when I was looking out back, the buds on my crab apple tree had still not opened. Yesterday afternoon when I got home from the gym, I looked out back again and almost all the buds had opened. I think this is one of the prettiest trees when it is blooming. I have two of them and they were given to me by Naaman Goode, and he and his son, Adam planted them for me a couple of years ago. Naaman grew these trees himself. He planted them not long after my two childhood dogs passed away and so I named the trees Oscar and Thunder, after my dogs. The blooms were so pretty that I went inside to get my camera so I could take a few photos. Here they are. Hope you enjoy them.
























They look a lot prettier up close, huh?



The newly nicknamed Big Tink

1 comment:

Melissa said...

nice pictures. did you use any lessons from your photography class :)