Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter weekend! Did anyone find the golden egg? When I was a kid, my paternal grandparents would have an Easter egg hunt on Easter Sunday. I think all the kids from the church they attended came too; and there was a golden egg that had the grand prize in it – probably cash. Those were fun times. Easter also reminds me of my kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Effie Phipps, who would hang plastic Easter eggs from the tress in her front yard and she also had inflatable bunnies in the yard. I also loved getting a new dress for Easter.

I didn’t participate in any egg hunts this weekend, but I did attend the first birthday party of Miss Chelsea Elisabeth Bryan. She is one year old today, which is hard to believe! Time sure flies when you get older. There was an Easter egg hunt at the party, but it was only for the younger kids, not the older ones like me. It was a really fun time. The day was beautiful and everything seems peaceful out on the farm (that is when Silas isn't crying - ha - now I know how that hair cut gal felt!). Chelsea received a ton of gifts and will be a well-clothed baby for the next few months. While we were there, we stopped in to Wes and Amy’s house to look around since I had never been there before. Tinkerbelle, Amy’s dog was there to great us. I said hello to Tink and Tony must have takin’ a liking to that name because he is now calling The Tide, Big Tink. Here are some pictures (Thanks, Peggy!)










Sadly, there was no big Easter lunch for me yesterday. I had a grilled cheese and some potato chips before my weekly Sunday afternoon nap. I cooked the Pioneer Woman’s Passover Brisket for dinner last night, which I thought was really good. Tony didn’t eat any (shocking!) so I have no idea as to whether or not I should cook it again. We also had pinto beans and okra. I had called my grandmother earlier in the week and asked her how she fried her okra. Brace yourselves, people… she cooks it in the oven in her iron skillet. I was skeptical, but gave it a try last night and it was the best okra I have ever cooked. There was hardly any left over and Tony and I may end up fighting for the last few bits at lunch today.

In other random news, the Jim Brickman post received yet another comment. I don’t know how people keep finding this post and commenting on it, but it cracks me up. If you haven’t seen my impersonation, please ask me to show you, especially if you need a laugh or two.

No comments: