Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF!

TGIF, people! I love Fridays and today is no exception. Fridays mean I can leave work early and go home to mow the lawn, which I guess isn’t that exciting, but it feels liberating and it means the start of the weekend!

Panoply is coming up this weekend. It begins tomorrow and goes through Sunday, with fireworks nightly. I have always been a big fan of Panoply. I loved going to make all the crafts when I was a kid and I have always enjoyed the performances. You can get a weekend pass for $10 or pay $5 a day at the gate. Remember when Panoply was free? Ah... those were the days.

This weekend marks the opening of the Fantasy Playhouse production of The Wizard of Oz. This play is directed by my friend and co-worker, Bill Jenkins and another friend of mine, Matt Crawford plays the flying monkey king. I’m really looking forward to seeing it. I have plans to see it on May 2 with Jackie and her kids, but wanted to mention it now so that you can get tickets before they are gone. Tickets are just $10 and you can order them by calling 256-539-6829.

It seems as though this blog is turning into an arts and entertainment advertisement for the city of Huntsville.

I had a sandwich stolen from the fridge at work this week. Earlier this year, I mentioned that Tony and I had some pizza stolen one day. Monday of this week, I had brought two sandwiches for our lunch and when we went to get them, there was only one sandwich. I really have a hard time understanding why someone would steal food from the fridge. They don’t know who made the food, or how it was prepared. I have no problem helping people out if they can’t afford a lunch, but for someone to just outright take food that doesn’t belong to them is just wrong… and weird!

Charlie was out at the fire pit again last night and he has an additional two chairs out there. He originally just had two chairs, but now there is a total of four and they are all positioned around the fire pit, which I find to be funny because to my knowledge Charlie hasn’t had any guests join him out there.

I know a few of you watch Survivor and I just want to comment on how stupid J.T. is this season. He completely deserved to get the boot last night. His stupidity did him in. I really liked him the first time he played but this time around he pulled some really dumb moves, namely, trusting that snake, Russell.

Deadliest Catch started last week and the first two episodes have been extremely entertaining. There’s lots of drama on the Bering Sea this season, and I love it! It makes me sad to see Captain Phil knowing that these episodes were the last footage of him before he died. RIP Captain Phil.

Last night at Zumba, I found out that Thursday night’s teacher, Camille, is moving away and won’t be teaching anymore. This really makes me sad. I cannot even begin to describe how much I have enjoyed her class. It has been extremely motivating and she will definitely be missed.

That’s all I can think of to say as of now. If something inspirational comes my way before the end of the day, I’ll update this post. I hope you all have a happy weekend around the fire pit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,
The girl I teach with at Mayfair is involved in the Childrens Playhouse. In fact today she had to leave at 11:00 because of the play. She and her husband are in the Wizard of Oz. Her name is Kristy Parker. She is very sweet.
I know you all will enjoy the play.
Love,
Jan