Thursday, December 3, 2009

New Moon: A Review





Have you seen “New Moon” yet? Better yet, have you read the book? If not, run to the bookstore and pick up the Twilight series and then rent “Twilight” on DVD and then go see “New Moon” in the theater – it is awesome!

I went to see “New Moon” the Wednesday before Thanksgiving with Jackie, her mom and step dad, her sister, her three nieces and her nephew. There were nine of us in all and we had a great time. I love going to the movies with Jackie’s nieces, Brooke and McKenzie and since they live in Illinois and only make it down ever now and then, I try to make it a point to see a movie with these two when they are in town. Last year when they were here we all saw “Twilight” together so I told Jackie that when they got in town this time, we had to go see “New Moon”.

The Twilight books are awesome! I wasn’t sure if I would like them, but I borrowed the first one from Jackie’s mom and then bought the whole set for myself before I could even finish the first book. They are so good! Since then a lot of the American Idol girls have borrowed my books and they all loved them as well.

I didn’t think the first movie was that great, it was just “okay” in my opinion, didn’t even compare to the book. But, “New Moon” was great and was so much better than “Twilight”. I guess “they” must have had more money to use on “New Moon” because it was 100% better. The visual effects were astounding. When Jacob transforms into a werewolf, oh wow, it was amazing. Even though I knew what was going to happen in the film, my heart still beat fast. They kept this movie very close to the book, which is wonderful. The scenes at the end of the movie in Italy were mesmerizing. Dakota Fanning did an excellent job as Jane. Michael Sheen was incredible as Aro – so scary!!

This movie was just great all around. I hope to see it again before it leaves the theater. My cousin, Cecelia has already seen it four times, and Jackie’s nieces, well, our group viewing was their third time. So, needless to say, all the Twilight fans I know really liked this film. Check it out!

No comments: